P2V Case For Use With Prop Guards

Reaction score
I have been searching for a case and do not mind cutting the foam if one is not ready made. Yes, I realize it will be a large case, but I do not want to remove the prop guards and have room in the motorhome for storing a larger case.

Prop guard to prop guard measures about 20" x 20", so I an looking for cases around 22" to 24" inside dimensions.

I have located this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/981499-REG/skb_3i_2222_12bc_watertight_case_12_deep.html

981499.jpg

The inside measurements are 22.50 x 22.50 x 12.50" (57.15 x 57.15 x 31.75 cm).

B&H sells is for $299.99.

Does anyone know of a more economical case that would fit my needs. I Had located one a couple of weeks ago under $200, but I can not find the site again and I guess I forgot to bookmark it.

John G.
Birmingham, Alabama USA

Yeah I would like to find one myself thats cheap. I don't understand while there so high.
I just need one for storing and putting my car.

Mori55 said:
Yeah I would like to find one myself thats cheap. I don't understand while there so high.
I just need one for storing and putting my car.

I agree, guess most don't use a case with the guards, as this post has not gotten any suggestions as to cases.

I was hoping there would be a few responses with links as well. Still lurking and watchin this one.

jeffscra said:
I was hoping there would be a few responses with links as well. Still lurking and watchin this one.

Just take guards off its extra weight you don't need and youll fit in to any case
I started with the prop guards myself but after about 5 flight got rid of them in part do to my new case
but now would not go back

There are a number of cases that will hold the P2V with the guards on. The one I use is the
Gator GX-2225-8-TSA ATA Molded PE Utility Case. It is 22x25x8" and comes in three different configurations (with pluck foam, no foam, but 1" foam on all sides (I have this one), and one with some Velcro blocks for audio mixers. They can be found at a number of places including B&H. I use the case for some video gear and it also works for the P2V. There are a number of ways to mount the P2V and Accessories in the case...Velcro strips is the easiest. For around $220, it's about the cheapest case if you don't want to take off the guards, but a rather big case. I also built a box around the original molded shipping base and found that it makes a great way to carry the P2v and accessories without a case. I'll see if I can take some photos this weekend.

bye, tomg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr