P2V Camera Servo not working properly

Reaction score
Well i have this PV2 i got recently this christmas. It is an used one but it was barely used before i got it. The first thing i noticed when i turned it on was an issue i got with the servo pointing the camera up/down. It makes this usual sound like it should do. The camera also works like a dream but! When i send commands on the DJI app to look down or upwards i can hear the servo working. Can also see the camera slowly begin to look downwards but as fast i see it rotate it just suddenly jumps back to "forward" position. It mean i can only look forward. I want to be able to look down. It looks like something is loose inside the servo. It sound like the engine works but do you think i could fix the drone if i remove the camera and take a look if a can find the problem? Is there any videos on how to fix this? i don't want to replace it as iv'e heard you need to replace the whole camera to fix it and that is around 500$ as iv'e heard of and i'm far to have enough money to throw out that much just to fix a tiny broken servo. As said everything else works just fine. And i really want to be able to look down and take downwards pictures etc.

Something is out of sync. Sounds like you crashed or forced it and now the camera gimbal is out of alignment.

If you turn on your control and then turn on the craft, the gimbal should go all the way down. Keep the control on and turn the craft off and the gimbal will stay down. That's max down.

If you keep your control off and then turn on the craft, the gimbal should go all the way up. Turn the craft off and the gimbal will stay up.

So this is the max and min of your gimbal.

If it's not right, you can remove the camera from the gimbal and replace it at the correct angle when you know the gimbal is pointing correctly using the tricks above.

Another approach is to use phantom assistant software and play around with the max and min values of your gimbal until it's right.

J Dot is the duty gimbal expert on here and he may have some comments too.

Good luck.

Something is out of sync. Sounds like you crashed or forced it and now the camera gimbal is out of alignment.

If you turn on your control and then turn on the craft, the gimbal should go all the way down. Keep the control on and turn the craft off and the gimbal will stay down. That's max down.

If you keep your control off and then turn on the craft, the gimbal should go all the way up. Turn the craft off and the gimbal will stay up.

So this is the max and min of your gimbal.

If it's not right, you can remove the camera from the gimbal and replace it at the correct angle when you know the gimbal is pointing correctly using the tricks above.

Another approach is to use phantom assistant software and play around with the max and min values of your gimbal until it's right.

Good luck.
Well it isn't doing that you say. The cam just stays looking forward. Like i said it will barely start rotating downwards. like just a little bit. and then it just falls back in forward position at the moment you see it start moving. this goes on until i have the controls on the app sat maximum down. then it is stil looking forward. the same happends if i try to make it look a little upwards.

Good luck.

I don't think I'm sure what you are talking about? How do i do what you are explaining? Can you give a better explanation or some video about it? Then I make my own explanation better about my problem i can tell you it it's like it's not able to rotate the camera at all. what i tried to explain earlier is that the camera is just wiggling or something. It refuses to move. i can see and hear the servo trying but it cant look up or down at all. just forward. And what do you mean by removing the cam replacing the gimbal at correct angle? I'm an really newbie at this and this is my first phantom drone. I need a better explanation.

If you look at the camera where its mounted to the gimbal, there is a little plastic grommet, remove this with a small screw driver and see if the screw has come loose, this screw hold the camera to the servo motor via a little plastic gear wheel, if its been crashed or had a heavy landing it might have jumped some teeth and gone out of its movement limits.
I had this when I bought my P2V secondhand, my gimbal was ok looking down but would not travel all the way back up.
What I did to fix it was to manually move the servo by hand through its full travel up and down, I then found the middle of this travel with the servo motor, I marked this on the camera body.
I then removed the small screw from the gimbal mount, and gently prized the little plastic gear wheel off the servo spindle by using a small screw driver in between the camera mount and the servo spindle without moving from the central position.
I then set the camera to the central marks and re-located the plastic gear wheel back on to the servo spindle and locked it in this position with the small screw.
After this my camera after another calibration setting in the rc software was working and traveling as it should.

There was a post on here where a member had modified his camera so that it looked straight down from the bird, by removing some of the camera's mounting lugs and part of the gimbal mount on his bird.

Flack

If you look at the camera where its mounted to the gimbal, there is a little plastic grommet, remove this with a small screw driver and see if the screw has come loose, this screw hold the camera to the servo motor via a little plastic gear wheel, if its been crashed or had a heavy landing it might have jumped some teeth and gone out of its movement limits.
I had this when I bought my P2V secondhand, my gimbal was ok looking down but would not travel all the way back up.
What I did to fix it was to manually move the servo by hand through its full travel up and down, I then found the middle of this travel with the servo motor, I marked this on the camera body.
I then removed the small screw from the gimbal mount, and gently prized the little plastic gear wheel off the servo spindle by using a small screw driver in between the camera mount and the servo spindle without moving from the central position.
I then set the camera to the central marks and re-located the plastic gear wheel back on to the servo spindle and locked it in this position with the small screw.
After this my camera after another calibration setting in the rc software was working and traveling as it should.

There was a post on here where a member had modified his camera so that it looked straight down from the bird, by removing some of the camera's mounting lugs and part of the gimbal mount on his bird.

Flack
I removed the plastic cover and the screw fell out. seems the screw is broken (torn apart) somehow. Need to have happened while the previous owner had it or something.

But it's to late anyways. The whole camera itself got bricked because of an update i did completely right after the manual (it got the CMOS error of death) and now I'm not able to fix the camera any way. Been trough the internet and i need to replace the whole camera anyways. I might not be able to replace it because the price for doing it is one of the things (I wont pay 400$ for a new cam? they are crazy, this is the same you pay for a brand new parrot bepob drone)
So i'm probably going to sell it back to the previous owner or something. I'f i cant get it to repairs without paying large expenses i will sell the drone it'self and go for something else... And after what i have read this camera has been having decent bricks because of updates so i cant trust using this drone anymore. And no i wont get the original P2 because i got this P2V cheap because it was allready used a little from before so im probably going to change over to the bepob drone. It was really what i wanted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl