P2V+ Camera - Same specs as P2V?

The gopro is held in place on the Zenmuse by a small bracket and two hex screws. I reckon 30 seconds to remove/replace it. As for how good are the photos, I don't use it for that but forum member DTdyer does. I hope this link to his FB post works

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

That was taken by him with a gopro.

pault said:
The gimbal also performed very well and I loved the way it stopped instantly at the end of the yaw - better than any Rotorpixel footage I have seen.

Am virtually convinced now and will be selling my P2V and getting one of these while I wait for someone to come up with a way of flying a RX100.

You are not comparing like for like, as you know the RP wont stop in the yaw axis until the 3rd axis is available ??

:roll:

pault said:
Am virtually convinced now and will be selling my P2V and getting one of these while I wait for someone to come up with a way of flying a RX100.

:shock:

NOooooo, Paul!!! Wait to see what the DNG images are like!!

djalan said:
Hi All,
I bought a phantom 2 vision last week and yet there is a new version vision 'plus'...Doh! I wish I hadn't hurry!

I have tested the vision and in overall it is not a bad product (so far). My only problem is stabilization. It is pretty bad!

So now that the new vision plus is out for sale, does anybody know if the 3 axis gimbal on the new 'vision plus' is compatible/can be ordered for the former vision 2? If yes, does it need to be ordered with the cameara or can it be ordered without it?

Also would be interested to know if the 3 axis gimbal is compatible with the GoPro Hero 3 + Black edition...

Rgds,
Alan

Since it is a new purchase provided your p2v has not been crashed you can likely return it for an exchange on the P2V plus. And no the p2v plus gimbal is not designed to be interchanged with a gopro camera. Also I emailed dji with the question of the p2v plus camera being available as an upgrade to the p2v, when I get a reply I'll make a post.

pault said:
Some very encouraging footage on the Gizmodo video review (http://gizmodo.com/dji-phantom-2-vision ... 1559567158).

To my eyes the video looks better than the Gopro black they compared it with. Seemed to have better resolution apart from in low light where the gopro was much better.

I have to agree, the P2V+ images looked way better than the Gopro, this alone makes it very compelling to upgrade and use my current P2V for a spare or for my mates to fly when I go flying :).

walexx said:
pault said:
Some very encouraging footage on the Gizmodo video review (http://gizmodo.com/dji-phantom-2-vision ... 1559567158).

To my eyes the video looks better than the Gopro black they compared it with. Seemed to have better resolution apart from in low light where the gopro was much better.

I have to agree, the P2V+ images looked way better than the Gopro, this alone makes it very compelling to upgrade and use my current P2V for a spare or for my mates to fly when I go flying :).

Its all down to personal taste but I agree that the new camera looked better in the comparison. However I would like to see a comparison with footage from a Gopro that has been shot in 2.7K and rendered in 1080p using Protune and that has been properly colour corrected and sharpened. The Gopro offers those enhancements and boy do they make a difference. I suspect all we have seen is a direct comparison between how the cameras output basic video files. The Vision camera will not give you a RAW file to play with.

Peter Evans said:
pault said:

:shock:

NOooooo, Paul!!! Wait to see what the DNG images are like!!
Yes, you right - I need someone like you to keep me on the straight and narrow ;)
(Saturday morning saw the postman bring a letter from a building society where my wife & I opened an a/c 20 years ago prior to buying our house. Totally forgotten about it and there was a fair few grand in so it is now burning a hole in my pocket :))

pyrophantom said:
You are not comparing like for like, as you know the RP wont stop in the yaw axis until the 3rd axis is available ??

:roll:
To be honest, I know nothing about how gimbals work, it is just that I noticed how the V+ stopped instantly which I had not seen before on other gimballed footage.

pault said:
(Saturday morning saw the postman bring a letter from a building society where my wife & I opened an a/c 20 years ago prior to buying our house. Totally forgotten about it and there was a fair few grand in so it is now burning a hole in my pocket :))

Now who's the jammy s*d ?! :lol:

I'll tell you what, why don't you put out that fire in your pocket, buy the new Zenmuse + Dronexpert interchangeable stills / video combo that I'm now thinking about, and tell me if it works? ;)

PS
Regrettably I don't have forgotten nest eggs like that. After two divorces, such things are not possible. I lost half of everything I had twice :roll:

Peter Evans said:
... After two divorces, such things are not possible. I lost half of everything I had twice :roll:

Did you get your money's worth from those wives?

And it's another lesson to spend it while you can, before someone takes it.

Okay here is my problem. I bought a Phantom 2 Vision last week from them direct. The Wifi will not work, I have requested a RMA by email send last Thrusday (still not reply). I think I'll just try to get an upgrade or my money back. I'm now caller # 36 and waiting. But not sure if that will get me to sales. Last time I called it was only tech service.

DJI would be stupid to not make this camera gimbal configuration adaptable to earlier iterations of the Vision. They would gain upgrade customers who wish to upgrade their Vision cameras (or atleast stability), if someone hasn't already purchased an aftermarket solution, the new camera/gimbal is ideal.

But they didn't do that with Phantom 2... They are still selling the Vision - you pick which one suits you and buy it. DJI have never seemed particularly bothered about existing customer upgrades. Lots and lots of P1 owners with bucketfuls of traditional lipos and older style motors who had to scrap the lot if they wanted P2 action... I don't see where the upgrade is, really, except in the gimbal - and the way they have designed it means it's not plug and play with an original Vision. Did you see the spaghetti of wires running down from the + to the gimbal? Even if they offer the whole camera/gimbal unit as an upgrade it will not be a simple fit and will be expensive.

They want you to buy the whole new package... And as far as the camera is concerned there's no upgrade there - subject to anything else coming out of the woodwork it's more or less the same specs - and you're tying yourself further info a dead end for future upgrades.

Mav456 said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
The gopro is held in place on the Zenmuse by a small bracket and two hex screws. I reckon 30 seconds to remove/replace it. As for how good are the photos, I don't use it for that but forum member DTdyer does. I hope this link to his FB post works

That photo was heavily heavily heavily post processed. Gopro pictures are no where near as good as first generation Vision photos: let's not out misinformation out there Shrimpie

I did a 100% crop at the same distance of a gopro hero 3 black 12mp vs phantom vision raw dng... The gopr was significantly better quality. And the noise on the phantom vision camera make the picture quality unbearable in comparison.

djscoutmaster said:
Mav456 said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

That photo was heavily heavily heavily post processed. Gopro pictures are no where near as good as first generation Vision photos: let's not out misinformation out there Shrimpie

I did a 100% crop at the same distance of a gopro hero 3 black 12mp vs phantom vision raw dng... The gopr was significantly better quality. And the noise on the phantom vision camera make the picture quality unbearable in comparison.

That is interesting. I have been trying to find unedited high quality go pro files to play with but have not really found any. Can you upload a go pro image to drop box or flicker or something?
Does Gopro do RAW?

I have had both and the Vision+ stills seem to be a bit more consistent, my Vision was crisp in some areas of photo but not so much in others. When I first saw the gimbal it was small and looked a bit toyish, but I must admit it shoots awesome video, I'm impressed. If you have a workbench and like to tinker, you can add 3rd party gimbals to Vision, but the Vision+ is a good out of the box solution no doubt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik