P2V Camera Problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am a newbie so bear with me. My aircraft flies superbly, compass calibration done in the middle of a field, and hovers very tightly around the cal point, but I am having continual problems with the camera.

I am running the latest hardware, have a good quality sd card in it, but mid flight whilst shooting video the camera stops filming. I have been no further than 500 feet in any of these times. The aircraft still flies superbly but I have no camera function. The flight controls still show on the screen but even trying to reset the DJI app doesn't solve it, it starts to go through the start up and the shutter clicks open as when you first fire the camera up, but the screen is black. Camera still moves ok. This has happened each of the 5 times I have flown now, stopping at different intervals during flight.

Currently have a sandisk 32gb sd card installed but think I read somewhere its best to reformat the sd card before each flight ??

Have put the original 4gb sd card in and reformatted that and see what happens.

Any clues ??

pyrophantom said:
Hi Guys

I am a newbie so bear with me. My aircraft flies superbly, compass calibration done in the middle of a field, and hovers very tightly around the cal point, but I am having continual problems with the camera.

I am running the latest hardware, have a good quality sd card in it, but mid flight whilst shooting video the camera stops filming. I have been no further than 500 feet in any of these times. The aircraft still flies superbly but I have no camera function. The flight controls still show on the screen but even trying to reset the DJI app doesn't solve it, it starts to go through the start up and the shutter clicks open as when you first fire the camera up, but the screen is black. Camera still moves ok. This has happened each of the 5 times I have flown now, stopping at different intervals during flight.

Currently have a sandisk 32gb sd card installed but think I read somewhere its best to reformat the sd card before each flight ??

Any clues ??

What the heck? So your live feed basically just cuts out any time you fly?
Sounds like a faulty camera and/or wifi booster. DJI should offer you a replacement.

I had a similar problem on my Android device (nexus 5). I had to close the app by displaying all the apps in the background then swipe it away, then restart the app. Are you running Android or iOS?

PS
Mine only happened at startup before the flight, not during the flight. Does this occurs while you are flying? Do you have a stock P2V with no mods like a new gimbal?

Hello All
After the crash of my Phantom Vision I have found the following. Because the connection between the controller and the craft was lost during the flight there was no GPS no Wi-Fi and the result is a flying toy without Photo or Video capabilities.! (for $1300 ?)!

Phantom 2 Vision External Camera Cable (DJI-Parts-P2-S03) = USD $8.90

This cable is the culprit. Every time the Vision is turned on the Camera takes up a down way looking position squashing the cable . It is a fairly rigid cable and after repeated on and offs it breaks and we end up with an unstable connection! I have tested the electrical output and it is like “Now you see it ,now you don't”.
This is not an expensive part :
DJI-Parts-P2-S03) = USD $8.90
But to replace it you must pull the Vision apart and it is not that simple.
I do hope DJI will come up with a solution and rectify this more than annoying problem!!!
Cheers
John

nintendrone64 said:
pyrophantom said:
Hi Guys

Any clues ??

What the heck? So your live feed basically just cuts out any time you fly?
Sounds like a faulty camera and/or wifi booster. DJI should offer you a replacement.

Yes its odd as the aircraft flies lovely but I have to land to restart everything to get it back up.

Anyway I have a couple of things to try. I have uninstalled the app on my Samsung galaxy s3 and reinstalled it and rebooted the phone so I shall try that. I also saw ona gopro thread the same problem which was a reformat of the sd card before each flight, so I have a couple of things to try but I don't think its a serious problem.

Will try these tomorrow and see what happens. I have also swapped out my sd card.

Here's hoping !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers