P2V+ Camera Not Level After Crash

Reaction score
Newbie here. Recently received my P2V+ and after a couple of tree encounters and tumbles from about 30' my camera does not sit level. The gimbal attachment appears secure and the gimbal appears to move and articulate properly but simply has the camera tilted so that the horizon in the camera view tilts down from left to right. I have gone through an advanced IMU calibration without any improvement. Ideas? Would hate to have to send it in.

Hi!
I've had the same problem, though the gimbal worked just fine for another flight.
The crash was not very hard.
I asked support and described the problem in detail.
There was no physical damage to the gimbal, so I guess this is very much a production problem of a kind.
They told me, they'd replace it, if the gimbal shows no damage.
So I just sent it in. Waiting for their analysis though. I'd advice you to do the same.
If you want, I'll keep you posted on the matter, though I expect to take them a while for repair/replacement.

Cheers,
Christian

Tanemahuta,

Sounds like a similar experience. I just hate to send in the camera/gimbal for what could be an eternity if I could figure out a way to adjust the thing on my own. Either through a mechanical adjustment of the gimbal or a recalibration technique, there must be a way to fix it.

This exact same thing happened with me, after a medium type of crash (nothing broke) camera did not set level and when tilted down, tilted left slightly. After a few warm-ups, moving left stick around and then with a 15 minute flight making sure the gamble was getting a fair work out.

All return to normal, I know this is not a fix and me just rambling on, but it's just what happened with me and the phantom. After each one of the procedures above seem to get just a little better and came back to normal a little quicker. Now is all back like it was before crash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub