P2V Battery Question

Reaction score
I remember seeing Colin Guinn easily sliding the battery in and out of the P2V he was demoing in those early videos. I have never experienced this 'ease' . . . It seems like the longer I own this machine, the harder it is to 'slide' the battery in and out - well, OUT is the issue. I squeeze the tabs (and squeeze and squeeze!) and wiggle, and wiggle, and finally it comes out. Now granted, this is better than having problems with batteries falling out in flight, but I'm wondering if this is what everyone else experiences. And of course, this is worse if it's cold outside (30ish degrees). Or maybe I'm just getting old and my grip isn't what it used to be - :lol:

My experience is pretty much the same, but I'm happy to have batteries that aren't likely to fall out. My guess regards Colin's videos is that either his batteries were "prepped" for a smooth presentation or they'd been in and out so many times that their clips were weakened.

Then again, I probably also suffer from the "age related, weakened grip" syndrome. One solution (if available in your area) is grandkids.

Oh yes, getting the batteries out is a terrible struggle and certainly not smooth. I'm afraid I'll break something every time, and I press hard down on those clips, doesn't matter, it is pretty tough to wiggle out a bit and then it slides out no problem.

Visioneer said:
My experience is pretty much the same.
One solution (if available in your area) is grandkids.

Thanks Visioneer. Now I don't feel so bad.

The "grandkids" idea might work - if they didn't live in Florida - and we live in Nevada . . .

Old Gazer said:
I guess we need to start pumping iron like Colin. I'm a little weak fingered as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah... I've had the same problem. I'm nearly 63, but I used to turn wrench for a living, played guitar since I was nine and have pretty strong fingers. So... I don't think you guys are getting old. This sucker is just locked down like you read about... :)

-slinger

Thank you all you fellow old fogies - :lol:

I'll just continue yank and pull and wiggle and cuss, all the while reveling in the knowledge that it's not just my 68 year old bones and muscles that are the cause. It's uh, m a t u r i t y.

Same problem here. But when it bit the dust(sand) the battery flew right out. Fortunately only thing broke was a couple of props.

I struggle to remove the battery from mine to where I fear it will break. It's almost TOO tight. Yet, the first time I fired up the Vision and softly bumped a wooden fence, it fell into long, soft grass from all of 3 feet high and the battery shot out of that thing like it was a slippery fish.

Go figure.

From the "battery ejection" experiences posted here, it almost makes me wonder if there's some trick we're missing ... like a secret release button ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj