P2V+ Battery fires?

Re: P2V+ Battery fires

KG4MXV said:
" .9 volt resistor "

I want to see one of those!

Do you want to see the rack that the 6 cell batteries clipped into. Just lay your 6-cell in it and each battery is discharged. This way each cell is discharged equally and the voltage is not draw through the batteries on the end damaging the "Matched cell"

mr-dr4k.jpg

Had a P2 battery spontaneously catch fire today. Was undamaged, undisturbed, well maintained and inside the house. Also, I was not charging it at the time.

Had I not been home the house would be gone.

If anyone is interested I have video and pictures.

I store and charge mine in a $9 metal ammo box I picked up at a local gun shop. Drilled a couple of 1/2" holes in the side wall so pressure can escape if they ignite for some reason. But most of the time I don't clamp the cover tight. Only do that when transporting.

Wow ,now you all got me worried. Yes I only charge whilst in attendance,usually in a very safe location, but spontaneous ignition whilst in safe storage!!.
Maybe I will store the batteries in the shed from now on. OK maybe not,I have enough worries about crashing, never mind exploding batteries. Still, I think I can cope.

Wow ,now you all got me worried. Yes I only charge whilst in attendance,usually in a very safe location, but spontaneous ignition whilst in safe storage!!.
Maybe I will store the batteries in the shed from now on. OK maybe not,I have enough worries about crashing, never mind exploding batteries. Still, I think I can cope.
I say don't worry. We all know lipos can catch fire but if this were a chronic problem with these DJI batteries, these forums would be laced with stories about it. I can't remember ever reading a story in these forums of our style battery spontaneously lighting up, before this one. Can anyone else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic