P2V+ arrived with bent gimbal. DJI nonexistent

Reaction score
I didnt realize it having never owned one, I didn't know what to look for. When it arrived I got it charged and ready to fly as fast as possible, took it in my back yard and flew it 5 minutes. Nothing complicated. Recorded the video and someone asked me why the horizon was off when they saw the video. I didn't crash it or have anything happen in my possession. So it def arrived like that.

The L shape arm was actually scrubbing the bottom plate so it would not swivel. After reading a few posts I found online I did get brave enough to try gently with my fingers to bend it. I bent it enough it would swivel which has really helped the gimbal action obviously. But the tilt on the camera is pretty bad.

Been waiting for 4 days for some reply from DJI. From everything I have read I should just accept it's my problem to deal with. Soooooo, my question is about bending it myself. Should I do it? Do I need any special tools? Is there any video or instructions about dismantling the gimbal or removing the camera I can refer to?

This is my first ever copter. I have been saving for a long time. I refused to buy a cheap parrot etc. I was willing to wait until I got something decent. So I'm very excited about it and I love flying it. So far only one semi hard landing, no crashes.

Thanks for any advice you can give a newbie.

betbrett said:
Yes I ordered with CC from the DJI website.
Definitely contact the cc company and file a complaint.
Maybe if dji doesn't get their $ they'll listen to ya!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Have you contacted DJI tech support or DJI sales? I had a problem with my P2V+ and I contacted both. I can't say the process was easy, but they've authorized a refund and my P2V+ now has a RGA number and it is headed back to DJI and they've said they will process a refund. I don't have the $$"yet, but so far they've been reasonable and agreed to do what I asked. Try it.

I have tried both. I bit the bullet and applied pressure to the arm and gently as possible earlier. It's straight and appears to be functional. Oddly it wasn't only bent but twisted. I have no idea how it could leave the factory like that and someone not notice.

I won't fly it again until tomorrow but just powering it up and watching it work it seems like it is working correctly.

You deserve a new unit. Send it back. File complaint with your CC.

"You better cut the pizza into four pieces because I am not hungry enough to eat six" - Yogi Berra

Mine seems to be bent too, although this happened after I crashed into a tree.
Did your look similar?

How did you bend it back, did you use tools? how hard was it. I have tried forcing mine, but it doesn't seem to want to move.

Attachments

• smalledgimbal arm.JPG
    smalledgimbal arm.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 440

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj