P2V+ and want to use FPV Goggles. How to and what works?

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to try FPV with goggles rather than struggling with sun glare on phone/tablet screen and achieve and overall more imerssive experience. Researching various goggles I've settled on likely using Boscam GS920 goggles but are these compatible with a stock P2V+ ??? Researching these forums hasnt really shown me much apart from maybe they arent compatible due the P2V+ uses w-lan Technology to downstream the video but many of the goggles on the market use Analog TV

Lightbridge I'm not really prepared to outlay that expense whereas a goggle such as the Boscam can be used for both 2.4 and 5.8 applications for other projects in future not just my P2V+

Any ideas please?

Epson has goggles specifically made for android or iphone I think. But they are expensive. Upside is that you get the full native resolution of your smartphone in the goggles. But the range will still suck.

When you start FPV-ing through goggles you are quickly running out of excuses to keep it in LOS. You will take it further and further, 1000m seems very close after a while. Now flying very high might be stupid and irresponsible, taking it 2Km far to a place you normally can't see from where you are standing is really fun. Be sure to record your OSD so you can find it if it happens to land halfway.

I don't know if there are V2+ people with goggles here but I do know that most goggle users chose the much less closed P2, P1 or even FC40, with a Gopro, for that. Adding an extra FPV transmitter (2.4GHz) to the V2+ would not make a lot of sense because the 2 systems (V2+ camera and app and the FPV video Tx/Rx) would be completely seperate, each with there own camera, and screen. Unless the V2+ camera has an extra video output? I'm not sure about that.

Also, the standard range of a 5.8Ghz V2+ is much less than a 2.4Ghz FPV video range. About half I would say. You will want to upgrade your V2+ control range as well (possible).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    673.5 KB · Views: 850
I have the FatShark Dominator V2 which has inputs of HDMI or RCA and after testing at least 6 android tablets I ended up going with an iPad mini 2 the main reason was the HDMI output with the special Apple cable. The Samsug android tablets needed a special cable converter with 12v power, to many wires and a big pain in the ***. :lol: :lol: The Ipad output is HDMI and the FatShark has an HDMI (mini) input, video quaility is not bad, it is not HD but it is better then watching on the iPad, big differance NO sun glare. :cool: The one big plus is the build in video recorder which allows me to recorder the flight and gives me the ability to review the flight info and if it goes down I will have the loaction saved in the recorded video. :D

So the best combination IMO is the Ipad mini with internet connection and the FatShark Dominators!! ;)

td119 said:
I have the FatShark Dominator V2 which has inputs of HDMI or RCA and after testing at least 6 android tablets I ended up going with an iPad mini 2 the main reason was the HDMI output with the special Apple cable. The Samsug android tablets needed a special cable converter with 12v power, to many wires and a big pain in the ***. :lol: :lol: The Ipad output is HDMI and the FatShark has an HDMI (mini) input, video quaility is not bad, it is not HD but it is better then watching on the iPad, big differance NO sun glare. :cool: The one big plus is the build in video recorder which allows me to recorder the flight and gives me the ability to review the flight info and if it goes down I will have the loaction saved in the recorded video. :D

So the best combination IMO is the Ipad mini with internet connection and the FatShark Dominators!! ;)

I have also the ipad mini, but for full screen I need a iPhone (5S) or similor phone.(galaxy S4)
The ipad mini is 4/3 but the cell phones 16/9.
All this is on my Cinemizer Oled NOT the FatShark.
Do you have full screen with the ipad on your FatShark?

Greetings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj