P2v+ and goggles

Reaction score
Can I use fpv goggles with p2v+
I'm using iPhone/iPad and I wear glasses. If so can anyone recommend a good set and leads needed to
Thanks

I use Epson Moverios for FPV. They work pretty good, and fulfill the LOS requirements, as you can still see the aircraft. They come with an integrated Android device which runs the DJI Vision App.

I've wondered about Google Glass as an option. You can use a mirror mode with Google Glass to allow whatever shows up on the screen to show up in Google Glass as well. I wonder if anyone has tried that.

http://www.zeiss.com/cinemizer-oled/en_ ... ation.html
Theses work great with iPad, iPhone, and iPod. They mirror your screen when you fly so others can watch FPV at the same time. They have great audio and hd video for long airplane flights too. The best thing about them is they have individual eye focus so no need for prescription glasses! :)

Elwood58 said:
I use Epson Moverios for FPV. They work pretty good, and fulfill the LOS requirements, as you can still see the aircraft. They come with an integrated Android device which runs the DJI Vision App.
Have they fixed the problem with the latest app update?

Phanton v2+ newbie said:
Thanks for your replies and as nice as they are, there a bit to pricey for me, think I'll stick with my iPad
Thanks

A lot of people actually prefer the ipad to goggles, especially when starting out. It's easier to fly. A full size iPad Air is great for this.

David

Skyjunkie said:
I've wondered about Google Glass as an option. You can use a mirror mode with Google Glass to allow whatever shows up on the screen to show up in Google Glass as well. I wonder if anyone has tried that.

The problem with Google Glass is the need for both devices to be connected to the same network, which is not possible with the current setup.

Double-D said:
Elwood58 said:
Have they fixed the problem with the latest app update?

I do not know the answer. I chose not to update when it came out, as things were working for me. I would like to have the battery meter, but figured I would leave well enough alone.

Ive just got the Zeiss Cinemisers and I'm not particularly impressed with them. The quality of the video in the glasses is poor and not as good as the video on my iPhone. The video is much too dark even though Ive altered the contrast and brightness. I'm thinking of sending them back, but I'll try them on my iPad Air first and see if that makes a difference .

The screen size on mine with the iPad mini was much smaller than with the iPhone. Please post up your findings. :ugeek: I sure can't tell if the video quality is any different. Maybe try a different cable adaptor :?:

I have the Moverios and the only that doesn't work on them is the Ground Station mode. Since they are not yet Google certified, you cannot install the Play Store unless you root them. I rooted mine and have the Play Store, but still cannot install Google Maps, which is needed for GS mode. Epson claims to be working directly with DJI to make both products better.

DaveMoi said:
Phanton v2+ newbie said:
Thanks for your replies and as nice as they are, there a bit to pricey for me, think I'll stick with my iPad
Thanks

A lot of people actually prefer the ipad to goggles, especially when starting out. It's easier to fly. A full size iPad Air is great for this.

David
I like using my iPad air I just want to try goggles to see how they are

I read in other posts that they weren't working with the new app version. Wondering if they had been updated?
Also I don't think GS works with them.
I'm saving up for a pair :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj