Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2V Alternative

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by tgaynor, Jan 29, 2014.

1. tgaynor

With all the stuff going on with DJI, is there an alternative to the Phantom 2 Vision out there?

Looking for something that has all of the following features . . .

- iPhone FPV

- Return to home

- Decent flight time

- Built in camera

Tom

2. gfredrone

I haven't seen anything out of the box comparable and that's why I'm here.

My only gripe is I wish the camera was better and didn't have so much fish eye effect. I also wish it came with a multi axis gimbal. Other than that I'm very happy with the purchase.

I'm just waiting for a reasonably priced 2 axis gimbal to hit the market and it will be close to perfect for my needs.

3. LeoS

If that's your list of requirements, then Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 might fit the bill.

4. ladykate

Other than iPhone Android connectivity, the Flamewheels will do what the P2V does only much better (zenmuse gimbal). Total cost is a bit higher for the 550 but the capability is there - more than in the P2 (or P2V) if you believe all the posts. I tend to believe them - I bought one a short while ago and I'm waiting for it to arrive. It's flight time is lower but the flexibility and extensibility of the design means it can do a lot more (lots more lift - it could lift a Phantom - it is a hex layout) and the batteries are cheaper. Looks like a homebrew but no one can see that issue in the air.

You can buy them read-to-fly from helipal for about $1700 for everything included except the camera (osd, FPV), assembled and delivered. You can also buy kits and assemble them yourself (which would be cheaper than a P2V).

5. Scottrod

+1. Very happy with my P2V. Just want one of the gimbals being released and it's pretty perfect. Also hope they might release new cameras in the future as technology improves...