Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2 with T-motor Upgrade ~ Impact?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by MindTrigger, Jan 16, 2014.

1. MindTrigger

Hey, everyone.

I'm sitting here in a shopping cart with my P2, a spare battery, and ready to buy! I was looking a the T-motor Antigravity upgrade, and wondering if anyone can share some insight on them. How's the performance difference, battery time?

I realize not many people have done any upgrades on the P2 yet, but I figured I'd ask. I can always do it later, but if they are a good upgrade for the P2, I'd rather order them now with the quad.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ravecreative

I'd wait until you get it

I don't think the standard props will fit other motors

Mines standard and is coming in at 1260gms with all the fpv gear, and still takes off like it's been catapulted.

3. Ksc

Ksc

T motors will give you exactly 1 minute of extra flight time. Look on youtube for the video. Or the Phantom 2 owners thread on rcgroups forum. Someone did a side by side test of stock vs t motors. If you want to drop $200 for 1 more minute, go for it. I honestly have yet to fly for so long that my battery even gets to the warning so I don't know need another minute of flight time. Frankly if you really need that minute, get a 450 or 550 with a huge battery.

4. zoochase

I recently upgraded to the T-Motor Anti-Gravity motors and props. At this point I can't say it was really an "upgrade".
    I was wondering myself if anyone else has.
    The props are .5" shorter than the factory props and I thought they were supposed to be balanced but yet I have a visible wobble when moving from hover to any direction. And a severe wobble when bench testing. Also, one of the motors has a high pitch whine at a specific rpm that can be heard distinctly from where ever it is. I have read other comments regarding that though.
    In all honesty, I'm really starting to feel like I wasted a lot of money.

I hope some other people chime in on this subject.