P2+ wifi disappearing

Reaction score
I bought a used P2+

After the first flight I realized the gps was having issues. I popped it open and replaced the cracked ceramic GPS antenna. Now gps quickly connects.

The gimbal/camera is currently removed. All firmware is up to date

The wifi is not showing up (shows up for 20 seconds then disappears)

If I reset the wifi range extender I can connect to it. Then I go to setting > bind via QR code. It connects then I go to camera mode and it days it can't communicate with the drone ad will not show camera or batter stats. After that I can no longer connect to wifi and the phantom ssid drops out

If I turn it all off. Then turn on in order. Controller > wifi extender > phantom. The wifi singal appears. Then as soon as the phantom gets gps says (quick green flashes followed by slower flashes) the wifi signal disappears

Help!

It will tell you that it can't communicate when the camera is disconnected or not present. Without the camera it will not feed the telementry data back to the phone or tablet. A connected camera make a big difference.

Ah gotchya! Thank you, I won't worry to much then. I took the camera off as I learn to fly and it needs a new ribon cable

I found a few videos about putting heatsink compunction onto the chips inside the module. Is this worth doing while the drone is apart?

I have 2 gimbals. One with a broken cable and arm that pops off. And the other with a bent yaw arm. Should be able to get one solid unit out of the two of them! I'm hoping to replace the ribon on the broken cable one and put a dab of glue on the outside to hold the spindle/arm on the motor

f29961f4c4921b29ef7d78448ea8b09a.jpg

The other I'm not sure if I can bend it back or not...may have to keep an eye out for a cheap used yaw arm

Both may be repairable. Good videos on YouTube for the repairs. Good luck and happy flying. Some pilots have added the heat sink or at least put more thermal grease on the TX units chips. Not sure that help without a hea sink to carry off the heat.

Both may be repairable. Good videos on YouTube for the repairs. Good luck and happy flying. Some pilots have added the heat sink or at least put more thermal grease on the TX units chips. Not sure that help without a hea sink to carry off the heat.
The metal case of the wifi module is the heat sink you speak of. The thermal paste addition acts as the heat conducting bridge between the chip(s) and the metal case.

So do you put The funny little thermal pads back in or let the metal case be the heatsink ?

The thermal pads is suspose to be the same as the thermal grease. They made contact between the chip and the cover. The cover being the heat dissipation method to act as a heat sink.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers