P2 vs. P3 Need Help With Decision

Reaction score
So I'm trying to make up my mind about what the best option for my situation is. I've spent hours reading threads and info about this topic but I need help making a final decision. I've received a phantom 2 with gimbal h3-3D as a gift and after realizing I cannot view a fpv monitor in flight with my GoPro without purchasing a seperate fpv setup I came to the forums to try to figure out what else I can do. So my options are pretty much buying a setup for my current p2 and GoPro or trying to sell my current system and purchase the p3 which seems a lot more easy to use given it can be viewed through smartphone etc...so basically it comes down to, what are the differences between using GoPro 3+ camera vs the camera that comes with the p3, and are there any major differences in flight or advantages of flying a p3 vs p2? (Meaning are there any problems with the p2 that have been resolved in the p3) I'm new to the whole thing Ive gotten familiar with flying the p2 with no camera attached but would really like to know what I'm doing before I invest any money into it. Any help is appreciated.

You can always buy the standard for cheap. This is from DJI's online store.

28530ab657a903e1f09f4cfea39252be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I own both a P2 Zen and a P3S. I would suggest for $500 you would be crazy not to get the P3S. It is a bargain and aside from the FPV in the P3S it also has the follow me, point of interest & waypoints you can't go wrong.

I love my P2 but if I was just getting into the game now I probably would get the P3 , but if you already have a go pro the P2 is a nice setup and remember you can take the camera off and use it anywhere ( diving etc.) then put the footage all together which iv'e done but with the P3 obviously you can't do this.

I love my P2 but if I was just getting into the game now I probably would get the P3 , but if you already have a go pro the P2 is a nice setup and remember you can take the camera off and use it anywhere ( diving etc.) then put the footage all together which iv'e done but with the P3 obviously you can't do this.
That's the main thing I'm trying to decide on..because both seem to have advantages and disadvantages. Already having a GoPro means I can use it for anything but the p3 has the flight advantages and ease of fpv.

He would spend a few dollars to set up FPV on the P2, at the sale price of $500, it's a no brainer! I usually wear my Gopro clipped on my jacket when I fly. The P3S and a Gopro go great together! :D

Buy both...:)

I'd go with a P3S or P3A. You can use your GoPro elsewhere and mix with footage from the P3.

You will probably spend close to $500 getting the FPV you want and with the P3S the same price and a lot less aggravation, it is a no brainer. If you can swing the extra cash, the Lightbridge and controller on the P3A are worth in my book.

2 things that make the P3 a nice option
1 easy FPV no work involved
2 you can control the cam from the ground

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj