P2 vision waypoint filming

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to drones, and as my first, I went with a P2V (not the +) for cost, and so if i screw up, I dont crash a $1,000.00+ drone. I plan on flying this one for 6 months, then upgrading.
My question is.. when programming a waypoint flight and taking video during, is there a way to make the front of the drone face the center of the triangle shaped flight path the whole flight? I want to fly a route a small local lake, but would like the camera to stay pointed towards the center of the lake. Is this possible?

Unlocking NAZA mode enables Intelligent Orientation Control, and course lock would be what you would want to use for that pan shot you're looking for. Controlling the course lock function in a set flight path, however, I'm not sure. I don't nor would recommend using waypoints because there's not enough control.

You would have to fly it manually. Apps like litchi allow you to do an orbit with the cam pointed at the center of a circle.

Unlocking NAZA mode enables Intelligent Orientation Control, and course lock would be what you would want to use for that pan shot you're looking for. Controlling the course lock function in a set flight path, however, I'm not sure. I don't nor would recommend using waypoints because there's not enough control.
Thanks for the info. I had read about Naza, but had not yet tried that mode. Yesterday I made the switch to Naza. Quadcopters are new to me, however I have flown RC heli's for years, so I really enjoyed the extra control in Naza. Im not going to attempt manual mode yet, but ATTI was awesome. I actually like the "drift" you get in flying in atti. Filming is much smoother. Coarse lock was awesome!

Litchi is Android only
Is there anything similar? I see that Autopilot is comming out with v2.0 and that is supposed to work with a vision 2 and give it a lot of extra capabilities, but no release date has been set that I know of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav