P2 Vision vs Vision Plus

Reaction score
I have very little interest in video - I do still image photography.
Because I don't do the video - is there an significant in performance with the Phantom 2 Vision Plus vs. the Phantom 2 Vison?

Thanks!

KNicholas2 said:
I have very little interest in video - I do still image photography.
Because I don't do the video - is there an significant in performance with the Phantom 2 Vision Plus vs. the Phantom 2 Vison?

Thanks!
It's the same camera. The plus has a 3 axis gimbal for image stabilization, which probably doesn't matter to you if you are just doing stills. The plus also has 90 degree tilt. Don't remember what the other one has but it is less than 90.

Nope, both shoot stills, same quality. :D

The plus also gives you longer FPV range than the vision out-of-the-box. And there are wifi booster apps available to give you even more distance (plus only). The plus gimbal is much more susceptible to breakage in a crash than the vision. And little to no parts are available for the plus gimbal at this time. So break it and you are out 600-700 USD.

Having a Vision 2 with the Rotorpixel gimbal, I can say that still photos do benefit from the gimble. No more tilted horizons and much less movement of the camera resulting in less blurring.

Gazer's right about having automatic level horizons. That's a great feature of the plus. And you can do verticals as well while the Vision can only shoot obliques. The Vision was just an early evolutionary stage that was superseded by the Plus which is a much more useful machine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl