Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2 Vision vs Vision Plus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KNicholas2, Sep 24, 2014.

1. KNicholas2

I have very little interest in video - I do still image photography.
    Because I don't do the video - is there an significant in performance with the Phantom 2 Vision Plus vs. the Phantom 2 Vison?

Thanks!

2. mmn

mmn

It's the same camera. The plus has a 3 axis gimbal for image stabilization, which probably doesn't matter to you if you are just doing stills. The plus also has 90 degree tilt. Don't remember what the other one has but it is less than 90.

3. Fplvert

Nope, both shoot stills, same quality. :D

4. BlackTracer

The plus also gives you longer FPV range than the vision out-of-the-box. And there are wifi booster apps available to give you even more distance (plus only). The plus gimbal is much more susceptible to breakage in a crash than the vision. And little to no parts are available for the plus gimbal at this time. So break it and you are out 600-700 USD.

5. Old Gazer

Having a Vision 2 with the Rotorpixel gimbal, I can say that still photos do benefit from the gimble. No more tilted horizons and much less movement of the camera resulting in less blurring.

6. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Gazer's right about having automatic level horizons. That's a great feature of the plus. And you can do verticals as well while the Vision can only shoot obliques. The Vision was just an early evolutionary stage that was superseded by the Plus which is a much more useful machine.