P2 Vision video range extender 2W - 40$ free shipping

DBS said:
tizzl10 said:
no, you are WRONG. says 2.4ghz. it would work on the wifi range extender. do you not see that wifi signal? lol.

WRONG

Wifi needs to be two way communication. .. This is a one way transmission booster for the P2 transmitter...

The specs suggests it is a wifi extender, as it specs a receive gain and noise factor...

tizzl10 said:
DBS said:
tizzl10 said:
no, you are WRONG. says 2.4ghz. it would work on the wifi range extender. do you not see that wifi signal? lol.

WRONG

Wifi needs to be two way communication. .. This is a one way transmission booster for the P2 transmitter...

NOT AT ALL THE SAME THING

Do you even read specs bro?? lol

i stand corrected lol. we need a full communications one like that! maybe its in the works?

Besides 2.4G frequency and bi-directional Wifi, supported modulation is a key consideration. P2V/V+ Wifi is on 802.11N using OFDM modulation. 2.4G Wifi booster does NOT always mean supporting 802.11N & OFDM modulation.

I sent the simple following question to DJI support:

"How did DJI obtain longer FPV distances of the P2V+ over the P2V?"

The response:

Daniel Huang (DJI)
Apr 23 16:25

Dear Sir,

More Powerful Range Extender

Regards.

phantomguy said:
I sent the simple following question to DJI support:

"How did DJI obtain longer FPV distances of the P2V+ over the P2V?"

The response:

Daniel Huang (DJI)
Apr 23 16:25

Dear Sir,

More Powerful Range Extender

Regards.

I doubt about the response.

P2V repeater (RE500) TX power is about 21 dBm (125mW) measured by multiple forum members with RF power meter, though it's advertised <=17 dBm (50mW). Vision+ repeater (RE700) TX power is advertised with 20 dBm (100mW), and I guess it's about the same as advertised per my preliminary observation (by Wifi Analyzer app). I may open it up and measure the RF power soon. Stock Vision+ has double the FPV range than P2V, and this would require 4X TX power to achieve such range if using the same technology. Obviously, the DJI response "More Powerful Range Extender" is NOT telling the truth, or maybe "Powerful" means using more advanced technology instead of higher RF power.

On the other hand, P2V camera Wifi TX power is about 100-125mW per my measurement, while Vision+ Wifi is only 10-20mW (per my estimate). How come Vision+ aircraft has only 10-20% Wifi TX power of P2V but double the FPV range, while both repeaters (RE500 & RE700) have about the same TX power??

The truth is DJI adopting a new communication protocol (similar to WiMAX or LTE) on Vision+. I guess such new protocol substantially lower interference & improve effective S/N ratio.

in other words?
should I buy a new range extender? and problem solved?

were, and how to know if it will have the extended range needed.

hachuky said:
in other words?
should I buy a new range extender? and problem solved?

were, and how to know if it will have the extended range needed.

Considering the cost of the range extenders, I'd first pose that question directly to DJI Support. Call them up!

Old extender 1,5W - new one 2W = more powerful extender

Odesláno z mého A1-810 pomocí Tapatalk

already pop the question to dji support.

ill post once they answer me.

im disappointed that got the phantom vision 2 and the day I got it the came up with vision 2 +

my face was wtf. but ok. lets see how we get that range extender.

or if we have a nice setting that helps.

please keep posting your tries to see which one is the best set up

FPVLR said:
On P2V

using a bi-directional amplifier on the extender has brought range to 20,000 ft 6.1km
with fpvlr antennas both on the phantom and on the extender.

From what I understand the Phantom V2+ has lowered output on the copter but probably a bit higher output on the extender, as well as a bit better antenna configuration on the phantom.

I you use a bi-directional amplifier on the extender you are still going to have improved distance, but if really the power output of the P2V+ is only 10-15mw compared to 100-150 of the P2V, then yes the upgrade that makes most sense would be on the P2V +itself.

This does not mean that boosting just the extender won't give you a good increase in distance.
Tony at fpvlr.com

thanks Tony. THIS is what I've been suggesting all along, but they dont listen. :lol:

Daniel Huang (DJI)
Apr 24 15:53
Dear Sir,
The vision+ range extender doesn't compatible with vision.
Best Regards

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj