P2 Vision video range extender 2W - 40$ free shipping

WRONG,

That is not a VIDEO RANGE EXTENDER, that is a Phantom Transmiter range extender,

SKU128085.7.jpg

Hi
that pic is not p2v but p2.I think it should be install on p2v not on range extender for expand video signal

jumanoc said:
WRONG,

That is not a VIDEO RANGE EXTENDER, that is a Phantom Transmiter range extender,

SKU128085.7.jpg

no, you are WRONG. says 2.4ghz. it would work on the wifi range extender. do you not see that wifi signal? lol.

tizzl10 said:
no, you are WRONG. says 2.4ghz. it would work on the wifi range extender. do you not see that wifi signal? lol.

WRONG

Wifi needs to be two way communication. .. This is a one way transmission booster for the P2 transmitter...

NOT AT ALL THE SAME THING

Do you even read specs bro?? lol

Then there's the added factor that it is not a true 2w booster... it's a 10 dB linear booster.... it doesn't put out a full 2 watts unless it has 20dB input... so you gadda figure what your transmitter is putting out (anybody know that one?) Then add 10dB... then do the math to figure actual power output.

Gadda love item number 4 in description:
4.Color send randomly: black or white

You mean I don't get to choose the one that matches my entire Phantom parts list?!?

Whatever dude

DBS said:
tizzl10 said:

WRONG

Wifi needs to be two way communication. .. This is a one way transmission booster for the P2 transmitter...

NOT AT ALL THE SAME THING

Do you even read specs bro?? lol

i stand corrected lol. we need a full communications one like that! maybe its in the works?

DBS said:
There ya go

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002BFOCO2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397927521&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

And btw... that sunhans you have is mostly heavy cast aluminum boxing... you could easily strip that down and have something really small and lightweight... The board inside that thing is only 13 grams and small and thin and easy to mod into a slim plastic case for a much lighter booster...

yeah i kinda figured that..would be nice if i could get a box 3d printed? you think?

Increasing the power output on ground equipment probably won't help much. WiFi is bi-directional, but most of the data is coming from the WiFi module in the P2V camera. That is where you would want an amplifier.

Amplifying both signals would be ideal, but amplifying the receiver end alone certainly helps the transmission signal from the pv2 reach its target more consistently from longer distances.

amplifying the receiver end alone certainly helps the transmission signal from the pv2 reach its target more consistently from longer distances.

Ummm, no! Amplifier the TX side of the ground equipment does NOTHING to help receive information from the aircraft. In fact, it probably introduces loss on the RX side of the ground equipment. I suppose it is possible that the introduced line and connector losses can be addressed with a better antenna, but you're only doing this to one of the antennas. A proper MIMO setup should provide 3dB of gain over a single antenna setup.

Agreed that amplification of the transmitter won't help wifi, but improvements on the range extender certainly help with video reception range, hence DJI going from 1.5w to 2w from pv2 to pv2 to obtain the increased fpv distance

As a HAM radio operator for 40 years I can attest to the fact that increasing the power on the Xmit side of a 2-way data link is only going to help the receiver (phantom) get a stronger signal. The only reliable way to extend the range of transmitted data from the Phantom is to do one of 3 things. Add a better receiving antenna on the RC, add a better transmitting antenna on the Phantom, or increase the transmit power of the Phanton. Of the three improving the antennas on both ends will give you the best bang for the buck. If you can only do one the cheapest and easiest is to mod the Xmiter with a better antenna. Many are reporting double the range with only the RC upgrade, Adding a matched set of antennas is the best. I have done this and the bird fly's further than I want or need to go with clear video.

so there is zero connection between the increased video range on the Pv2+ over the pv2 and the changes DJI made to the extender? Doesn't make sense.

"Also new for the Vision+ is increased range for the Wi-Fi extender. Sitting on a bar attached to the radio controller, the extender delivers the first-person view from the Vision+ camera to an Android or iOS device using the DJI Vision app (that can also be clamped on the controller). The Vision was capped at 300 meters, but the Vision+ can travel up to 700 meters (2,296 feet) away."

PV2
Operating Frequency
2412-2462MHz
Communication Distance (open area)
300m
Transmitter Power
<=17dBm

PV2+
Operating Frequency
2412-2462MHz
500-700m
Transmitter Power
20dBm

F6Rider said:
As a HAM radio operator for 40 years I can attest to the fact that increasing the power on the Xmit side of a 2-way data link is only going to help the receiver (phantom) get a stronger signal. The only reliable way to extend the range of transmitted data from the Phantom is to do one of 3 things. Add a better receiving antenna on the RC, add a better transmitting antenna on the Phantom, or increase the transmit power of the Phanton. Of the three improving the antennas on both ends will give you the best bang for the buck. If you can only do one the cheapest and easiest is to mod the Xmiter with a better antenna. Many are reporting double the range with only the RC upgrade, Adding a matched set of antennas is the best. I have done this and the bird fly's further than I want or need to go with clear video.

100% correct! While I don't have 40 years of ham radio experience, I have been a licensed ham radio operator for 19 years and full-time employment includes working on both outdoor wireless mesh networks and indoor enterprise wifi networks.

phantomguy said:
so there is zero connection between the increased video range on the Pv2+ over the pv2 and the changes DJI made to the extender? Doesn't make sense.

"Also new for the Vision+ is increased range for the Wi-Fi extender. Sitting on a bar attached to the radio controller, the extender delivers the first-person view from the Vision+ camera to an Android or iOS device using the DJI Vision app (that can also be clamped on the controller). The Vision was capped at 300 meters, but the Vision+ can travel up to 700 meters (2,296 feet) away."

PV2
Operating Frequency
2412-2462MHz
300m
Transmitter Power
<=17dBm

PV2+
Operating Frequency
2412-2462MHz
500-700m
Transmitter Power
20dBm

I suspect that the WiFi onboard the P2V+ aircraft also outputs 20dBm. With WiFi, you get the best results matching EIRP (antenna gain + tx output) at both ends. The underlying protocols in WiFi require a bidirectional communications link, if one side or the other has more power, it doesn't help anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik