P2 Vision+ solid red light on gimbal, no live stream, no gps. Please help.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I received a used Phantom 2 Vision+ which was supposed to be in a great condition. The quad looks like new, no signs of crashes.. not a single scratch on it. When I power it on, connect to the Phantom network and start the Vision App it shows as connected but only shows wifi signal strengt and extender status. No video from the cam, no GPS (in outside conditions) and the gimbal LED is solid red.

The gimbal centers properly and is controllable from the Tx.

The P2 is recognized from the assistant and I can force-flash updates (already on latest version, but I update anyways.. progress bar goes green and at the end is success). I did a hard reset of the controller and updated again - all well good but no improvement.

Camara is bound and I can ping all the 3 IPs - 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.10.

Checked cables and there is no visible damage and they sit properly on the board.. I believe..

Red tons of forum topics since yesterday but mostly see others report the same issue and there is no clear answer to it - could be a gimbal-board or cables or software issue..

Already asked in a few older topics but after all decided to start a new topic.

Could someone help please?

Thank you very much!!

It's the old case of the update screwed the wifi module. Only fix is to replace the wifi unit.

However the no GPS is a different issue, not sure what that is.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. going around in circles here, with no definitive solution.
Did you fix it?

Hi There!

Im new on the phantom, apparently having the same problem.
bought a vision 2 plus v3.0 with the "missing 192.168.1.10" issue >> The wifi board had lost its firmware.
After sucessfully restoring the wifi module i still had no working camera. Solid red or better orange led, no usb, no reaction to capture button, no reaction to firmware on sd.
I disassembled the camera and connected my FTDI adapter with 3.3V level setting to the ports UART0_TX and UART0_RX and GND and had some output of a "AMBOOT" bootloader saying the load partition failed.
Has anyone had sucess in downloading the firmware on the serial way?
Are there any tools available?
As i see, XMODEM protocol is available, but my PC software quitted after transferring 30% of the bin file one is supposed to put on sd for updating...
Community, please help! :)
maybe someone has some information of the supposed firmware structure, perhaps a second stage bootloader?
Greetings,
Paul

p.s. anyone interested in some pictures?

@rammelsberg: I am interested in some pictures! I'm struggling with understanding the gimbal system structure and how it communicates with the wifi module. I have three gimbals here, none of them working. The last one has a constant red (or more orange), but the camera itself is levelling when turned on. But I can't move it using the app and the app keeps saying I have no SD card. I thought I could ssh into 192.168.1.10 to see the serial output of the camera but I haven't yet succeded as I don't really know where the 192.168.1.10 is. Is it the wifi module? I guess I should try connecting to the uart pads on my board to see what it is saying.

A lot of time passed from that post.. Anyway:

"AMBoot" is a bootloader for Ambarella.

To fix that chip, we'd need a dump of working one. Or at least a NAND map - the FW updates from DJI are for Ambarella, so they probably conatain most of the firmware, maybe even everything needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20