P2 Vision compatible with iPod 5th Gen?

Reaction score
I've searched this question on the forum for a buddy of mine but have not found a definitive answer:

Can a 5th Gen iPod Touch be used as a monitor in lieu of an iPhone or Android? I thought the answer was "yes", but my buddy just called Atlanta Hobby and the sales guy insisted that there was zero compatability with any version of iPod Touch. FYI - My buddy does not have a smartphone nor does he want one!

Thanks,

LG

I've seen forum members refer to using an iPod device with their Vision, but not sure which flavour it was. A quick use of the forum search feature brought up this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5381&p=39449&hilit=ipod#p39449
There's a reference to someone using iPod touch here, but not specifically which generation. So it looks like it should work.

lgeist said:
I've searched this question on the forum for a buddy of mine but have not found a definitive answer:

Can a 5th Gen iPod Touch be used as a monitor in lieu of an iPhone or Android? I thought the answer was "yes", but my buddy just called Atlanta Hobby and the sales guy insisted that there was zero compatability with any version of iPod Touch. FYI - My buddy does not have a smartphone nor does he want one!

Thanks,

LG

The iPod Touch doesn't have the same graphics and cpu processor as the phone so it might be too slow to run the DJI Vision App.

I found my answer. Page 21 of Vision Owner's Manual shows "iPod Touch 4th and 5th generation are compatible". If anyone has any firsthand experience using the iPod with the P2V, please let me know how well it works.

I use a 5th generation iPod touch that I bought specifically to fly the P2V. I have only flown twice so far, but to my eye the app has worked flawlessly. I have no problem recommending its use to anyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj