P2 viability

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a P2V+ owner and I'm going to get a p2 with the h3-3d gimbal. I already have a GH3. I was trying to figure out how much I need to spend for FPV. I believe I'd need an OSD and a fpv uplink a downlink and a monitor. I have read ally a out the dji avl58. How's the range on it? I need something that can at least reach 1 km in a suburban environment. Any links , price estimates,suggestions are highly appreciated.

That said , the only reason I chose P2 over the F450 was the flight time. Does anyone know If there are any quads which have a higher battery life than the P2?

Please proofread your post - there may be some issues.

There is no easy or quick answer to most of these questions. An FPV system can have good or poor range because of many factors including tx, rx, antennas used, RF environment you're flying in, etc., so there is no set range of any system. I use the IRC600mw vtx and Fatshark goggles with spironet antennas and have approached 1500 meters in a rural area and 1km in a suburban area, but each area is different and will yield different results.

You will likely spend a few hundred dollars on a system.

The two GoPro-capable quads I have some knowledge of, the F450 and Discovery Pro, have shorter flight times than the Phantom 2, which is why I am selling my Disco Pro and may re-purpose the F450 to carry a Canon G16 for stills.

andersonpaac said:
Hi,

I'm a P2V+ owner and I'm going to get a p2 with the h3-3d gimbal. I already have a GH3. I was trying to figure out how much I need to spend for FPV. I believe I'd need an OSD and a fpv uplink a downlink and a monitor. I have read ally a out the dji avl58. How's the range on it? I need something that can at least reach 1 km in a suburban environment. Any links , price estimates,suggestions are highly appreciated.

That said , the only reason I chose P2 over the F450 was the flight time. Does anyone know If there are any quads which have a higher battery life than the P2?

Hey anderson check out the Boscam TS832 as one option. It has 32ch and 4 freq's so lots of options in open and more dense areas. Most users seem to like f/ch 3/4 settings but you'd have to experiment in your area. Like you I switched form the P2vision+ to the P2 platform with H3-3D and GP3+ black. Much more flexibility. Anyhow lmk what you end up going with...

P2FL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20