P2 VERSION 2 Compass Cal Question

Reaction score
I run my P2 in NAZA mode.
Before I fly I ALWAYS do a compass calibration.
I am hearing different ways people flick their S1 switch 5 times to start the calibration.
I have watched videos and some people do a 3 way flick 5 times = GPS - ATTI - FAILSAFE X 5
some people say its different in NAZA mode = GPS - ATTI - GPS X 5

Anyone have the proper info and if possible why is there a difference and what can happen if running NAZA mode you flick the 3 swicthes 5 times? Can this cause problems while flying?

No if you flip the s2 switch while flying it will not try to make it go in to calibration mode. When flipping the switch back and forth when trying to do a calibration it needs to be flipped so many times in a certain amount of time. for it to go in to the calibration mode.

BUT the s1 switch if you are in naza mode and you flip it back and forth to many times in a short perioud of time is how you manually set a new home point and you could cause it to reset a new home point while flying if you flipped the s2 switch back and forth rapidly and not intending to reset the home point some place else.

The same thing can happen when the s2 switch is starting to fail and it keeps breaking contact and remaking contact while in flight. it can cause the home point to keep being manually re recorded over were ever it is when it happens and then if you think your havering a fly away or it goes in to rth it will go to were ever on gods green earth that last recorded home point was and your left standing there waiting and waiting for it to come back to you only to be stood up like a prom date. wondering were she is when it landed some place else that you could not see.

S1 switch (right hand switch) top to bottom 5 times in Naza or phantom mode to start compass calibration.

S2 switch for the home point / course lock reset.

Not sure what happens if you initiate a compass calibration while in the air, probably not good.. Very unlikely to happen though without frantic switching.

cokeaddict said:
I run my P2 in NAZA mode.
Before I fly I ALWAYS do a compass calibration.
I am hearing different ways people flick their S1 switch 5 times to start the calibration.
I have watched videos and some people do a 3 way flick 5 times = GPS - ATTI - FAILSAFE X 5
some people say its different in NAZA mode = GPS - ATTI - GPS X 5

Anyone have the proper info and if possible why is there a difference and what can happen if running NAZA mode you flick the 3 swicthes 5 times? Can this cause problems while flying?

here's some info compiled by one of our members who is really knowledgeable about compass calibration (among other things): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32829&hilit=compass+calibration+primer

J.James Your first comment is based on being up in the air. I havent left the ground yet mate but thanks for your imput.

MrC.... Your stating that I need to flick the S1 switch 5 times from top to bottom (3 position swicthing). Running NAZA that is not correct. If running NAZA mode (This Reference is ONLY for the Version 2 ok)

Buckaye, thanks for the link mate. I read it through and yes he does state that if running in NAZA mode, you ONLY flick S1 between the top 2 positions. Not sure why that is but I cant argue with it.

I have seen many youtube vids on this and some say flick between top 2 switches on S1 and some say flick all 3 switches in S1.
My first Phantom 2 was S1 flick between all 3 positions 5 times. BUT for some reason the new Version 2 phantom needs this to be done using ONLY the top 2 switch positions and NOT all 3.
Be careful guys, I dont know what could happen if your doing it wrong but I dont want to find out .

Cheers guys.
Angelo

Although it won't hurt anything, a compass calibration is only required when you fly from a new location. But, if it makes you feel better, go for it! :)

PhantomFanatic said:
Although it won't hurt anything, a compass calibration is only required when you fly from a new location. But, if it makes you feel better, go for it! :)

And if you add, delete, or relocate items on the quad itself.

N017RW said:
PhantomFanatic said:

And if you add, delete, or relocate items on the quad itself.

Yep!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl