Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2 V3.0 lift weight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jessegraham21, Jan 7, 2015.

1. jessegraham21

hey guys. i know the phantom itself weighs 1.0kg and the DJI website states that the maximum lift weight for the phantom 2 is >1.3kg. i was wondering if anyone has lifted sucessfully 1.5kg on their phantom for multiple flights?

2. phenom3030

I'm at just under 1.4kg. Supposedly the new 2312 motors have an increased payload capacity of 200g per motor. But I haven't seen any DJI literature stating a max take off weight higher than 1.3kg...

3. MonsieurAnon

Your figures are wrong as far as I know. The P2 weighs 900g. It's MTOW is 1,400g. That's 500g of useable payload.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bj_50Xw9wI[/youtube]

The above video, although pretty low for production quality shows a P2V carrying a 390g camera as well as a 80g mount. I've since reduced the weight of the mount to 50g and the camera to 340g, but that just improves flight time.

4. Narrator

I'm going to have to find a weighing machine. The authorized reseller that I bought mine off said my P2V+ v3 was just over 2kg all up. It was the first time I'd heard that, so I was skeptical.

5. PhantomFanatic

I don't know what the total take off limit is, but I've read that the P2 can lift up to 400 grams of payload. Add that to the weight of a bare P2 and see if it jives. I can't do it as I'm watching American Idol! I love it!

6. MonsieurAnon

I've got a few customers who fly with 600 grams once their FPV setup is included.