P2 v2 - with gopro 3+ black million dollar question

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've sold my p1 and now looking to get the £707 offer in the Uk for the P2 and fly with the gopro 3+ black edition. Can anyone clarify my biggest concern please. It seems I can't fly the p2 and use the go pro in wifi mode to view what it's recording (like I used to on my fc40) . Is this right ? I don't want to spend any more than the £1000 I'm about to part with so it has to be right as I don't want to lose the craft/camera etc due to frequency issues. I'd really appreciate some advice and guidance

There are a number of people who say not to fly the Phantom with the Gopro with the wifi on saying it can cause interference, I myself have done it a number of times with no issues. I haven't done it specifically to view the video in flight on my iPhone, but have done it to turn the camera on and off in flight using the wifi remote. One thing to remember if you do this is that the range of the wifi signal isn't very far at all, my guess is that it's only about 50' to 75' at the most, so you might not accomplish what you are seeking to do.

Thanks for the reply - I was able to view the fc40 camera at quite a good distance / height through my iphone app which was really handy when doing close up building images, however I'm mindful of causing confusion between the gopro and P2 at a critical time and it ending up stuck up a cathedral spire, or at the bottom of a pond - wouldn't possibly land near me would it ? :)
So it's fair to say I'd set the gopro to record and almost freestyle what it's recording by general site rather than viewing through an app? Apologies, I'm still a novice at this, but just love this big boys toy !

NO. NO. NO. NO

Now that's out of the way, you can buy a 5.8ghz radio from DJI that you can convert your P2 to a frequency that is safe to use your GoPro with.

It's about $185.00. I have a new one in the box I'll sell and ship to the UK from Canada

Darren

Darren, thanks but that's exactly what I'm trying avoid - adding more costs to an already expensive hobby. Seems I need to set the gopro recording and then take off and hope I've captured the desired footage. Appreciate the offer but the bride is already moaning at the cost.. Gotta love them :)

invest in a fpv set-up, it really does transform the flight experience

If it's any help. I just bought a new model ph2 with h3 3d with an extra battery and props at at 12.5% off. Worked out at £625 inc shipping..
From fast lads on the sale. Offer lasts until 30th December I think?

Mrsweep, just noticed your in Cov as well. I live in Cheylesmore

No worries Mrsweep.
Got mine in the air today, very breezy but all good.
Took a while to get the calibration on the tilt wheel sorted but all seems fine now. Had an extremely (steady) dull video of the back garden and the roof which I will save you from!

i'm more than happy to meet up, are there any good fields near by to fly by you? I normally go Whitley common

I know how you feel about the cost of the hobby. DOn't take a chance. I had a P2 v1 with 2D gimbal and I just forgot to turn off my gopro wifi. it flew off into a tree. Not worth taking a chance for a 900+ machine.

That being said. I currently have a P2 v2 H3-3D gimbal extra battery and props with immersion 600mw vTx . I'd let it go for 959+ shipping. have no idea what it would cost to get to UK. Only tested once on one battery.

Just because I want to buy a different multi rotor but if it doesn't go no big deal.

Either way don't risk it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik