P2 v2 clarification

Re: P2 v2 clarification

I have the Phantom 2 v.2 bought from B&H on 11/25/14. I opened mine & have the V 2.0 on the white sticker next to the QR code on all 4 ESCs. Have flown about 5 flights with no issues. I'm pretty sure my Phantom is still within the return period due to the holiday return policy. Should I return and wait for the new 2.1 ESCs? Ugh! The last pic shows how my wires were originally routed. I, like others, moved the wires slightly away from the MOSFETS.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420783946.356267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420783946.356267.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 483
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420783957.798443.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420783957.798443.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 427
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420783966.515682.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420783966.515682.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 401

Is anyone getting the four beep ESC tone when turning on, and if so which ESCs do you have ?

My P2 V2 which is supposed to be the upgraded one, but has no "V2.0" on the white label, does not make these four beeps.

Hughie said:
Is anyone getting the four beep ESC tone when turning on, and if so which ESCs do you have ?

My P2 V2 which is supposed to be the upgraded one, but has no "V2.0" on the white label, does not make these four beeps.

Which is what mine did as well. So, according to everything out there, we'd assume that since they don't make the four beeps, that they are really unlabeled 2.0 ESC.

Which would be fine if we had some clarification from the company as to why some 2.0s have version numbers and some don't. And, if there is a true need to go to 2.1

The only people that can actually clarify all these threads is probably the ones we are least likely to hear from :)

Mine makes start up tones but does not have any vX.X number on the QR code...

Not all Phantoms make those tones? (Only have experience with mine)

If it has the latest ones then you shouldn't hear the last four beeps. So latest version should not do 4 last beeps.

Another thing that will tell u which ESC u have us the lights. Look at the video

http://youtu.be/jph18PUf0zE

So mine, 2312 motors, ESC's with no vX.X next to QR code, does not sound 4 beeps after the start up chime. According to the YouTube video linked, in a Phantom 2 v2.0 (non vision) that is a good thing? Meaning I have appropriate ESC's to motors? Regardless of sticker labels on ESC's?

Trying to post a video.

Apparently yes

So my New Version Phantom 2 has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be
-My Serial number is "PH645413862 V2.0"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPo0HzPoetQ[/youtube]

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

mendezl said:
So my New Version Phantom 2 has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be
-My Serial number is "PH645413862 V2.0"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPo0HzPoetQ[/youtube]

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

As I have said already, although I have no issues and the same setup as you above, I have burned out an ESC on a tip over. However this is nothing to do with the version of the firmware. If you stop the propellor turning it WILL burn out the ESC regardless of what version you have. That mode of failure is not related to the firmware version, it is a design constraint of the hardware.

I have flown nearly 20 flight with V2-less labels. I will continue to fly, but will be updating to the 2.1s when they come into stock next week.

Gents, I think one thing we can keep in mind is that the mid air falling out of the sky issues has only occurred to P2V+ owners so far as I know...
I hate for us to keep testing the theory in the event the negative happens to one of us. But it's been difficult getting a good answer from DJI. I received another email from them stating to call customer service for an RMA for service.

What do you guys think?

Following the discussions here I decided to check my P2 v2 (And register on this site after lurking for quite some time). And discovered the ESC's did not have the V2.0 marked on the label.
I contacted my supplier, who contacted DJI Technical Support, they advised that late 2014 the P2 v2 were supplied with ESC v2 which did not have the V2.0 marked, only the separately ordered ESC v2 had the V2 marked.
They said that the ESC will have a Blue mark on the Capacitor to indicate a v2. DJI also advised them that no way was the v2 supplied with 2312 motors and NOT the ESC V2.0

Email from them;
"According to DJI Technical support, they informed us that when the production line first manufacture the Phantom 2 V2.0, they did not mark V2.0 on the ESC. The V2.0 ESC has short Blue line mark on the Capacitor (we mark a red circle on the pic) and they use that to separate the new and old ESC."

There seems to be some confusion because the sale of replacement ESC's which have the V2 marked, but the factory fitted ESC may not have the V2 marked, (just a pen mark on the capacitor).

My P2 V2 has not faulted since I have had it. Since Nov 2014 and have done 20+ flights.

Here you can see a blue pen mark on the capacitor, this is apparently what DJI were using to mark the ESC v2, according to my supplier.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420875596.294485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420875596.294485.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 278

Owie said:
Here you can see a blue pen mark on the capacitor, this is apparently what DJI were using to mark the ESC v2, according to my supplier.

Well that is interesting. Hardly an authoratative formal verisioning methodology, but it all helps :)

This is my P2 V2 originally fitted ESC without a V2 on the label, but with a pen mark on the electrolytic capactor.

Thanks for posting Owie.

Attachments

• esc.jpg
    esc.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 365

So basically the first phantoms 2 v2.0 that were bought have the blue mark and then they started to write 2.0 and 2.1. If u have the blue mark or the v.X.X and the QR code you are fine.

BUT IF U DON'T HAVE THE QR CODE AND JUST NUMBERS THEN NO!

(this are all assumptions)

Hughie said:
Owie said:

Well that is interesting. Hardly an authoratative formal verisioning methodology, but it all helps :)

This is my P2 V2 originally fitted ESC without a V2 on the label, but with a pen mark on the electrolytic capactor.

Thanks for posting Owie.

Anyway u have the blue mark and the MOSFET burnt right?

Eltrochaphantom said:
Hughie said:
Owie said:

Thanks for posting Owie.

Anyway u have the blue mark and the MOSFET burnt right?

Yes but the burnt out MOSFET is a red herring. It has nothing to do with what version the ESC is.
And all the other ESCs which were originally fitted to my quad also have the "blue mark" too.

What is a red herring?

Eltrochaphantom said:
What is a red herring?

The idiom "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or distracts from the relevant or important issue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

I am saying that the fact the MOSFET is burned out is irrelevant to the discussion on version of ESC firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers