p2 v2.0 crash (why)

Reaction score
Hey. I have been drone flyer since last december. I have maybe 30-40 succesfull flights. I trye to be always very carefull and keep expensive toy in one piece.

But... Usual flight with almost no wind, nearby objects or etc. 70-80% battery left and suddenly P2 stumbles left/backwards. It recovers but I knew I am in trouble. In few seconds it stumbles many times and of course eventually crashes to ground.

P2 falls upsidedown so luckily gp4 and gimbal are ok. Rest might be ok too without me forgetting to cut power down. Of course something failed, but now frame is melted and motors are covered in plastic. Two esc boards are so heated that upper frame has black spots.

Looks like back left motor wire on esc has snapped. Solder is fine, but wire is cut too deep and finally it broke.

What should I do.

-Forget this hobby...
-Contact Dji
-Buy frame, motors and esc boards.
-Buy new P2 (still have zenmuse,gopro and fpv setup)
-Buy P3

Last edited:
I'd go with option 4 or 5. That is seriously cooked.

Hey. I have been drone flyer since last december. I have maybe 30-40 succesfull flights. I trye to be always very carefull and keep expensive toy in one piece.

But... Usual flight with almost no wind, nearby objects or etc. 70-80% battery left and suddenly P2 stumbles left/backwards. It recovers but I knew I am in trouble. In few seconds it stumbles many times and of course eventually crashes to ground.

P2 falls upsidedown so luckily gp4 and gimbal are ok. Rest might be ok too without me forgetting to cut power down. Of course something failed, but now frame is melted and motors are covered in plastic. Two esc boards are so heated that upper frame has black spots.

Looks like back left motor wire on esc has snapped. Solder is fine, but wire is cut too deep and finally it broke.

What should I do.

-Forget this hobby...
-Contact Dji
-Buy frame, motors and esc boards.
-Buy new P2 (still have zenmuse,gopro and fpv setup)
-Buy P3
In my opinion.... I would sell the stuff on this forum, then go buy a P3. I think if you sell each individual part seperately, you'll get more money back. Also list on Ebay. Or you can repair via DJI or DIY which could be a little hairy. If you have a case and a monitor with a receiver, I need both so PM me if your interested.

Send back for warranty!

I believe a foud what is wrong, the battery is causing this failure, even fully charged it thinks is in a critical level performing an emergency landing. you must go to the app and deselect the option Go-home on djiassistent/advanced/battery. It works for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20