P2 V+ - camera question

Reaction score
Hi peeps!

I'm making the assumption that I need a new gimbal and potentially a camera as well since my bird fell out the sky for no reason whatsoever .......TWICE! (According to DJI, this is impossible and it's all entirely my fault!)

However thought I would post and see if anyone had any fantastic ideas first.

Long and short of it is I can take still photos whilst in flight and they record well and are viewable in the gallery. My problem is video's! I press the record button and everything's seems fine, however when I goto view it, it says 'cannot play this video'

I have tried 3 other memory cards and bought a brand new one today..... same thing!!

Cheers in advance
Paul

Hi peeps!

I'm making the assumption that I need a new gimbal and potentially a camera as well since my bird fell out the sky for no reason whatsoever .......TWICE! (According to DJI, this is impossible and it's all entirely my fault!)

However thought I would post and see if anyone had any fantastic ideas first.

Long and short of it is I can take still photos whilst in flight and they record well and are viewable in the gallery. My problem is video's! I press the record button and everything's seems fine, however when I goto view it, it says 'cannot play this video'

I have tried 3 other memory cards and bought a brand new one today..... same thing!!

Cheers in advance
Paul
try this not sure if it will work or not. I've had it when I have a low battery it does not close the video file correctly. So I put the card back in the camera and start the drone up and watch the front led on the gimbal turns green. Is there any body to the video file ( size gigabytes)?

Hi Paul,
I too have a PV2+, but have not had video problems. One thing I did notice is where you are formatting the card...from the PV2+ or computer? It makes a difference, where possible format in the PV2+.

Make sure you are NOT set to 1080i, APPLE devices won't play that format!
Use 1080p instead. Not sure about android & 1080i?

Just an idea?

J Dot
:cool:

Cheers guys.... I always format in the p2v+ rather than a PC... no settings have been changed since it fell out the sky (was working perfect before the crash) and I only tried it last night with the new formatted memory card with full power! Running out of ideas now :-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheers guys.... I always format in the p2v+ rather than a PC... no settings have been changed since it fell out the sky (was working perfect before the crash) and I only tried it last night with the new formatted memory card with full power! Running out of ideas now :-(

Same here, always 1080p, but phone auto updated vision app, and changed to 1080i? Not sure why? I could see pictures, but video said format unknown? Looked and saw it set to 1080i? So I changed it back, and all is good! Not saying that is your problem? But worth a look!

I would check your ribbon cable VERY carefully, plus all your plugs ( make sure a wire has not become loose or dislodged from connectors! )

Lastly
If you record a video, to Sd Card, then remove card, place in PC, will it play then?

J Dot
:cool:

J Dot thanks for your advice ...really appreciate it ! See what ur saying about the settings will double check... u might just be right! When I put the card in a PC it still won't play!! Grrrrr as for the ribbon with thoroughly check...thanks again buddy

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4