P2 USB port broken :(

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a crash landing a few days ago, I got around to testing my P2 today, all works fine with the single exception of the USB port, the actual connector has become loose from the small board it's on. I'm not a soldering genius but happy to try out, can anyone offer any advice on opening the phantom to reach this part as well as putting a new USB port on?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know if replacement parts are available for it yet, but I'd suggest replacing the damaged part as it may be damaged in additional ways beyond loose solder connections.

I'm having no joy finding a replacement. The USB port has completely come off and doesn't look like it's something I could solder back on :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

castlemaster said:
I'm having no joy finding a replacement. The USB port has completely come off and doesn't look like it's something I could solder back on :(

Its time to call a friend who can solder. Replacing such a port should not be that difficult to someone experienced in electrical projects and also its a common type of port and should be readily available at Radioshack or Maplins in the UK. Maybe look for TV repair engineers (although they are a dying breed)

Good luck in your quest.

Yeah, I may have to put some feelers out, unless DJI respond saying there's a part I can buy to replace the usb port which then just goes to a connector on the main board somewhere :(

arent these one standalone USB slabs connected via cable to the main board ?
In that case you should be able to buy any usb port from any dealer and connect it.

Wiring may be different tho. Myself, I love that my phone and my drone has the same usb type :p

No, it connects directly to the NAZA on the P2.

If the connecter has just separated from the little PCB it’s mounted on then it should be a two min job to just reseat it if you can find someone with a soldering iron and a steady hand. It’s simple enough to remove from the P2 without having to dismantle everything, just pop the top off, use a small cross point screwdriver to remove the two retaining screws and then use some tweezers to lift it out.

If the connector plugs into the NAZA then hopefully that's something that DJI make a part for, i've contacted heliguy who I bought the unit from so hopefully they may have some in stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl