P2 Unresponsive - No Lights after boot up.

Reaction score
Well I got my iOSD and FPV cable today. Woo! I've flown a handful of times so far. I cracked open the case and connected everything to make sure the FPV video and iOSD was working, everything looked good! I disconnected everything in order to start the permanent install, but decided to turn on the Phantom just in case. There was one strange beep, along with the regular startup beeps/flashes and then nothing. There were no LEDs and the Phantom was seemingly unresponsive.

I plugged it in to the computer to see if I could figure it out and I got a "COMPASS-ERR" error about abnormal compass data. I tried flicking the S1 switch a few times to try recalibration, but nothing happened. I disconnected the compass and started up the P2 and I got a solid green LED light so that was a change. Plugged in the compass and it went back to no lights again.

I've tried searching for similar problems like this but I've come up empty. Anyone have any clue what's wrong? This wasn't a crash or anything and there's no peripherals attached to the Phantom either. *sigh*

I opened up a case with DJI and the rep had never heard of that solo beep (I played the tones for him on the phone). He said it sounded like a fatal hardware and to get the unit replaced by the dealer, so I guess that's the end of that. :evil:

How did you connect the OSD and FPV temporarily? It sounds like something is either unplugged or not connected properly. Either that or something shorted when you put in the FPV and OSD.

I used the FirstPersonView Plug and Play cable. I removed the top shell, removed the DJI FPV cable and plugged in the Plug and Play cable, attached that to the mini iOSD and then to my ImmersionRC transmitter. Then I attached the iOSD to the can bus port on the leg. Everything worked fine. My goal after that was to bring the can bus port inside and tidy up the cables but I never got that far.

Hi Adster,
Im having the same problem,everything is unto date "firmware".If I unplug the IOSD mini,boot up plug back in phantom 2 works fine.Power cycle with IOSD mini plugged in no LED's controller does not bind gimbal does not work.I swapped ISOD mini from another phantom same issue?? did you solve your problem?

Thanks

Very strange. I just reconfigured a P2 with iOSD, which worked fine until I connected to the Phantom Assistant software which promptly updated the gimbal control firmware and then, as usual, requested a power cycle. When I rebooted the P2 I saw the same thing - all the correct tones, but no self-check light sequence and then no lights at all. The Assistant software immediately reported a compass error and a non-DJI battery error. Same result on subsequent reboots. Unplugging the iOSD Mini from the canbus results in normal startup and no errors.

The iOSD Assistant (4.0) reports that the iOSD Mini is running the latest firmware (1.06)

Hi guys,
I also posted this on "help" Here is what some one posted:
How do you have your IOSD mini wired? The only way an IOSD mini can keep a Phantom from initializing is if can bus is plugged in wrong. Have any pics of wiring and install?

Here is pic

269282101.jpg

Same issue here.

I am having the same issue. It appears to be the result of the latest software update.

My Phantom 2, Zemuse, and iOSD all have latest software.

When iOSD is plugged into CAN bus phantom no longer starts up after initial flash of lights.

Battery also indicated to be not intelligent now ( and it is stock phantom 2 battery). Compass error also being shown.

Zen use gimbal also now drifts - doesn't stay locked in position.

I can , however, see the iosd output on my fat shark goggles. So it appears to be working well except the voltage of e system is shown as zero and occasionally flickers.

UPDATE: I have found it appears to work if I plug in mini iOSD to CAN bus after quadcopter boots. Not 100% certain as I didn't take off, but everything acting correctly that way.

Ideas? Even if just how to roll back software?

I'm experiencing all the same stuff as already mentioned.
Have got everything working - well, except the iOSD mini has to be removed at startup for the phantom2 to 'POST' successfully.

But one other thing I noticed in addition to all of that, is for some reason, my left stick (yaw in mode 2), now also turns my H3-3D gimbal!

Anyone else getting that behaviour?

rhino said:
I'm experiencing all the same stuff as already mentioned.
Have got everything working - well, except the iOSD mini has to be removed at startup for the phantom2 to 'POST' successfully.

But one other thing I noticed in addition to all of that, is for some reason, my left stick (yaw in mode 2), now also turns my H3-3D gimbal!

Anyone else getting that behaviour?

That's a feature. It's just trying to anticipate yaw motion. Somewhat effective.

Opened up the Assistant Software when I got home from work and there is an 'upgrade' back down to 1.0.1.27

They've released a rollback, and it is working properly again :)

Mine worked well yesterday with a downgraded 1.0.1.18, after updating to 1.0.1.31, still the gimbal didn't work, a box came to say update "Gimbal IMU to v1.8", only there doesn't seem to be an option to update!? Any help please, thx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20