P2 Self Landed

Reaction score
I was out flying just before dark yesterday and after recalibrating my compass and letting the satelites lock in I took of and started flying. I probably hadn't been in the air for 2-3 minutes when the copter started loosing altitude and came down gently just missing my neighbors storage building. Fortunately it landed in a patch of dead weeds and no damage was done. I cycled the power on the controller and copter and let everything reset. I flew for another 20 minutes and never saw any signs of trouble. Any ideas what might have happened here?
Jimmy

I was out flying just before dark yesterday and after recalibrating my compass and letting the satelites lock in I took of and started flying. I probably hadn't been in the air for 2-3 minutes when the copter started loosing altitude and came down gently just missing my neighbors storage building. Fortunately it landed in a patch of dead weeds and no damage was done. I cycled the power on the controller and copter and let everything reset. I flew for another 20 minutes and never saw any signs of trouble. Any ideas what might have happened here?
Jimmy

Only thing I can think of is a weak or lost communication with your radio controller. Were there any power lines close by or anything that could have interfered with the radio signal from controller to copter? I'm pretty new to this hobby and this forum but have done and still do a lot of reading on the subject of these units. Good luck with finding a resolve - I understand it is important for peace of mind when flying.

Were you within 20 metres? It lands where it is if there was an accidental return to home or low battery.

Thanks Adil, is was probably 100'. I had a new battery in it that I just got, maybe just a blink. Just goes to prove you really need to be in a safe open area when flying and expect the unexpected.
jimmy

Only thing I can think of is a weak or lost communication with your radio controller. Were there any power lines close by or anything that could have interfered with the radio signal from controller to copter? I'm pretty new to this hobby and this forum but have done and still do a lot of reading on the subject of these units. Good luck with finding a resolve - I understand it is important for peace of mind when flying.
No, I was in the opposite direction of the power lines. Straight line of site between me and the copter. I'll make dang sure today the everything is calibrated and good GPS lock. Thanks again.
Jimmy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.