P2 Rx Antennae config - Newb slightly confused

Reaction score
Just to set the scene, I have done just 5 flights with a "clean" (no Gimbals, no iOSD mini, no VTx etc yet) stock P2. I have only operated at close range (max 150m) to date, as I checkout my old rusty RC flying skills and apply to a quad. The P2 has behaved impeccably (so far!).

My confusion arises from the following:- Conventional wisdom and very consistent advice appears to me to be that the 2 RC Rx antennae (or x? centimetres of the free end parts at least) should best be oriented such that they are at 90 degrees to each other. However, my stock P2 configuration has one antenna routed such that it ends halfway down the vertical of the front right landing gear leg and the other halfway down the vertical of the rear left landing gear leg (both viewed from above). Now in my book that makes them (or at least some of the important bits of them) parallel and NOT at 90 degrees.

This leads me to the following questions:-
Is the (stock) configuration I have the same as everyone else's stock config?
If yes, any ideas why the DJI supplied RC Rx antennae config is so clearly different from conventional wisdom?
Should I expect to have to reconfigure my antennae arrangement/routing when I get braver and start to extend my flight range?
The guys acheiving great ranges (>1km) with the stock Rx, do they have the standard Rx antennae arrangements or have they modified in some way?
Have I misunderstood how this electricary should be organised?
Thanks for any simple answers/explanations as I have always struggled a bit with RF.
Heliboy.

That's the stock config. And people have been getting 5km on it. Go figure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie