P2 Props now available with colored stripes

couple of pieces of masking tape and a sharpie will do the same thing.

Yeah I'm not terribly excited about them, just spotted them as new.

I'm pretty sure they're the real thing, they showed up all of a sudden at a few dealers known for only carrying the real DJI props, along with the grey version used in the E300 propulsion packs, and the non-self-tightening P2 props as well.

OI Photography said:
Yeah I'm not terribly excited about them, just spotted them as new.

I'm pretty sure they're the real thing, they showed up all of a sudden at a few dealers known for only carrying the real DJI props, along with the grey version used in the E300 propulsion packs, and the non-self-tightening P2 props as well.

I hope they are. I've just recently seen these at a few eBay vendors that might just possibly be a little less than reliable... :roll:

-Gil

Done this to my genuine props with a permanent marker for free, why the hell would I pay?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rich007 said:
Hello All

I bought a couple of sets of the Blue Props on Friday in the UK, looks like the red ones they had are out of stock. They come in original DJI packaging.

http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/

Look up :- DJI Phantom 2 Vision Props

Do not know how to add long web addresses?

Regards Rich

Excellent. Good to know. I'm just a little paranoid about blades lately... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

No, not really - the big camera attached to a Rotorpixel gimbal with a dark CP filter is the better visual cue - I just like the two-tone aesthetic. ;)

There might be some improvement in orientation perception if you're operating directly overhead, I suppose - especially against cloud cover...

Pull_Up said:
the big camera attached to a Rotorpixel gimbal with a dark CP filter is the better visual cue

Well I suppose you have a point there :cool:

I had just started wondering if the striped props would be of any benefit with that, like if they made visible stripes in the rotor discs while spinning, or if the grey ones would be markedly different visually.

I suspect they would - my little Hubsan X4 has 2 white props at the front, 2 black at the back and you can see those as distinct coloured rotor discs, but of course you're operating close in. I think you would see the colours in the disc on the Vision close in, but then close-in isn't where its difficult to assess orientation.

Probably look cool, though. ;)

OI Photography said:
Pull_Up said:
Probably look cool, though. ;)

Indeed, and I suppose this would be the next logical project: http://www.extremenxt.com/messagemate/MessageMate.html
I really like that idea!!!
It looks like the stripes are only on the top of the props. How is that going to help orientation?
Love the idea of the masking tape and sharpie, thanks for that!!
But, can you even see them when they're spinning??

I remember way back in the "good ole days", when I was using Phantom 1 props(I know!!!), I had 1 set that was black, on the back, and 1 set that was white. Didn't really help with orientation-believe it or not.

Cool idea.......but.....??? Why??

Well, after a successful test at the dealer, I just paid for my Phantom 2 + dronexpert RX100 kit + iOSD-mini + (another) spare battery + 2 sets of spare props AND while I was doing this I spotted the new striped props listed as being for the E300. A phone call to the dealer confirmed that they were a genuine DJI product and were compatible with the Phantom 2, so that's what I've ordered.

48 hour delivery, so it should all be here on Thursday. It's taken 10 weeks and a lot of aggro to get here from when I placed my original P2V order on 14th January. I hope the weather is good this weekend!

Pull_Up said:
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=dji%20self%20tightening%20propellers&description=true

Looks like red, pink, blue and the all-grey available here as well as the plain white (this is a tier one DJI dealer). Something for everyone?!

Quite like the idea of a darker grey pair on the front two motors, plain white on the back...

Hmmm... maybe red striped on the front and plain white on the back... :)

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31