P2/P2V+ new ESCs and motors

Reaction score
I've been getting around to testing some of the new ESCs and 2312 motors being released with newer P2/P2V+s.

I have a P2 H3-3D with 2212 motors and V2 ESCs (as it came from the factory), a P2V+ with 2212 motors and V2 ESCs (again as it came from the factory), and a P2 H3-3D with 2312 motors and NEW V2 ESCs (actually the first P2 mentioned, but with the motors/ESCs swapped out for new ones).

Here's a pic of the ESCs, the 2312 V2 ESC is on top, the older 2212 V2 ESC is on the bottom:
gJYCAX4.jpg

The only real differences I notice are a lack of a conformal coating on the new ESCs, and some additional labeling on the PCB.

People are saying you can tell if your V2 ESCs are "ready for 2312 motors" if the front LEDs don't light up during the bootup sequence. I have no idea if this is actually the case, but I'll note that there are several different bootup patterns for the P2 ESCs. Take a look here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PUf0zE[/youtube]
An "older" P2 with ESCs that are not supposedly able to drive 2312s indeed have front LEDs blinking red during bootup, and continue to blink and beep four additional times after startup. Once the V2 ESCs that come with the 2312 motors are installed, no LEDs turn on at all during the bootup sequence, and no additional beeps are issued.

However, on my P2V+, we see a completely different bootup sequence. This craft also has "V2 ESCs" with 2212 motors, but here you can see both front and back LEDs blink red one time during the bootup. Are these ESCs compatible with 2312 motors? I'm not sure yet, but hope to have an answer soon.

I might get the new ESCs just to get rid of some of the beeps. My wife always knows when I am playing.

Wait... new motor base looks weird... does that mean there wouldn't be any over-screwing with prop guard screws anymore?

PhantomPhreak said:
I might get the new ESCs just to get rid of some of the beeps. My wife always knows when I am playing.

I always wished there was a quieter startup option, too. I think the Inspire 1 is going to have an even shorter startup sequence :)

UrAwFuL said:
Wait... new motor base looks weird... does that mean there wouldn't be any over-screwing with prop guard screws anymore?

I don't have prop guards, but that was my thought as well. You can see the standard length screws do not protrude past the new feet, so there's a few mm extra clearance to the windings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.