P2 - NO GIMBAL - ImmersionRC - iOSD Mini

Reaction score
Sorry to be that guy, but I've read through posts back to last year and I guess I'm just missing something simple.

I want to play around using different cameras ranging from a GoPro to FatShark style, small board cameras.

I bought this P'n'P cable which has both the power and video connections for the ImmersionRC.
https://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/ ... ransmitter
Does the white connection on the end plug into the main board of the P2? Is that how the ImmersionRC receives power? I'm guessing I would then need another cable to connect a camera because I'm not using a Zenmuse.?

If I want to connect a GoPro, this cable appears to do the job, https://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/ ... tter-cable but then how would I supply power to the ImmersionRC?

I apologize for the redundant questions that have probably been answered repeatedly.

Basically just want to use ImmersionRC and iOSD with different cameras WITHOUT a Zenmuse which apparently is the simplest route I should have gone!

yes, you should go with a Zenmuse, it's just so much easier.

The Zenmuse plugs into the USB port of the GoPro, right? that actually serves 2 functions: it provides power to the gopro and brings video signal back to the Phantom mainboard. THAT signal is the one that the PnP cable you bought taps into from the Phantom's main board. If you have no Zenmuse bringing the signal back, you have no video signal on the mainboard to tap into... ergo, your PnP cable has no video source.

You'll have to make your own cables. Now, this isn't too terribly hard as long as you understand cabling and can solder.

Your IRC600mW came with 2 cables, yes? power (red/black) and signal (5 cables) . There was a multicolor ribbon cable (2 pair, 4 wires) originally attached to the bottom of your Phantom (not the grey Zenmuse cable). The red & brown cables need to patch to the red & black cables for the ImmersionRC power feed (red to red, black to brown). Now your IRC600 is powered by the Phantom mainboard.
However you can NOT use the other pair for video due to what I described above, there's no video feed on that pair.

Instead you must patch video directly from the GoPro or other camera straight to the IRC, using that other 5-wire cable that came with the IRC600. The only 2 colors on that cable you care about are yellow and black (video and vid-ground), the audio (red/white) can be removed, and unfortunately the other red cable (5v out) is not enough to power the GoPro... perhaps some other smaller camera

anyway to use a GoPro, you'd need a cable like this one, which plugs into USB and provides... hey look at that... yellow and black for video and video ground! so it's easy, yellow to yellow and black to black and now you're coming out of the gopro straight into the IRC600.
Obviously in this setup nothing is providing power to the GoPro so it will be running off of battery, not really anything you can do about that.
Other than get a Zenmuse H3-3D :)

using any other camera is basically the same concept... you need to somehow power that camera (that's why gopro is handy, it has a battery) and also get a video+ground feed out that you patch into the videoin+ground going into the IRC600

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I won't have iOSD overlay. Sounds like the only way for iOSD is to use Zenmuse for camera. Seems like there would be a way to connect camera to iOSD then iOSD to Immersion for transmitting out.

zdauexs said:
Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I won't have iOSD overlay. Sounds like the only way for iOSD is to use Zenmuse for camera. Seems like there would be a way to connect camera to iOSD then iOSD to Immersion for transmitting out.

To run it w/o Zenmuse you'll need to wire 2 separate power supplies

Attachments

• Nzmv2-iosd-mini.png
    Nzmv2-iosd-mini.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 3,903
zdauexs said:
Thank you for the reply.

ok yea the way I described it was WITHOUT an iOSD Mini... are you saying you want to include iSOD Mini in your setup?
If so that's just different patching, and I can describe that also if EMC's diagram didn't help.

Basically now instead of going straight from the gopro (or other camera) straight to the IRC600, you have to patch to the input on the IOSD Mini... then you take the output from the iOSD Mini to the IRC600.

the iOSD gets it's data from the CAN-BUS port, it technically isn't necessary to have a Zenmuse to also include iOSD Mini

Hey guys, late to the party here. A bit about me... I've 2x Phantom 2 and one is the latest version. My old one went for a swim in the sea and dystroyed the gimbal. The sand where it landed is iron rich so its clogged up all motors. Ive this drone flying again but I want to use it as a donkey so to speak. I'm going to fit a go-pro within its waterproof case to this one, so no gimbal. However I'd also like FPV on it, so Ive ordered a cheap FPV camera from the web, I have a working IOSD mini wired in already and its transmitting flight data fine. My question is how can I now power and wire in this camera and power a transmitter and use the iosd mini? I've been told I need a gimbal, but thats not going to happen. So I started thinking, the zenmuse cable must have power and video on some of its wires, do you think with some experimenting you could wire a camera into the zenmuse port on the main board and make the drone think its attached to a gimbal (minus the gimbal). I'm thinking its possible. Its possible with the gimbal, I just want to remove motor control and keep the video features of this port.

Digging up an old thread hopin someone can help me. I have same issue as above, regular P2, IOSD mini, immer 600mw transmitter, and a gopro3, but NO Zenmuse gimbal. I posted about last night and someone recomended a cable to order. I ended up fabricating one, and am just basically stuck. I have the video wire and ground out of gopro3 usb, and spliced that onto corresponding video and ground port of iosd mini. I must be missing something though as I can not get video to come up(iosd info does appear on black pearl monitor though).
I think I'm close, but if anyone could just reaffirm where the video and ground out of gopro would need to be spliced in, I woud GREATLY appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for ANY help on this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik