P2 Newbie - lost in the maze.

The GoPro 3+ will output both video and 12mp pictures at the same time. Set it to time lapse and you will see the video during flying. It will black out when a picture is taken but is back on in a sec. or so There is no video recording in this mode just pictures. I suggest you use 5 sec intervals as it gives you time to see the video and take pictures comfortably. If you choose to record video and take pictures at the same time you pic resolution is reduces to 8mp.

I strongly suggest you look at the immersion 600 mw Vtx. It is MUCH smaller and lighter than the ALV58 and consumes less power with more output. It pairs well with the Black Pearl monitor which is easier to use for a beginner than goggles. The IOSD mini is also a must for FPV flight. They now make a cable for about $12 that makes this installation plug and play with no soldering.

There are plenty P2 kits out there to chose from...
Unless you're ready to do all the work yourself and are familiar with sadoring and wiring RC electronics, it's going to be a nightmare.
P2v+ is a good consumer product for fun.
If you're looking for a professional feeling you'll need to fork out twice as much.
Solid cInematography packages go from 3-5000$
Dslrpros makes the best P2 package on the market.
I own the Sundance Kit and can personally say it is worth the 3k price tag.
The cannes package is a little over kill for me. Instead of FPV goggles if take 3 more batts.

To sum it up. Get the vision+ For your first quad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl