P2 New Remote - Scroll Wheel Hold

Reaction score
I have the new remote, everything is working well, with one exception - when I release the wheel, I don't want the gimbal/camera returning to 45 degrees downward. I want it to stay exactly where I have placed it.

I can't believe that setting isn't clear and obvious in the firmware, so can someone please point me to the solution?

Currently running: PA 3.6...RCA 1.1

Thanks!

The out-of-the-box behavior is to return to position after scroll release, but after applying latest gimbal firmware update using PA (sorry I don't recall the version number) it should hold tilt after release.

I updated to the latest edition, which I believe is 1.1. Are you aware of a newer version I should be using be used 1.1 isn't doing the trick.

hobsonmedia said:
I updated to the latest edition, which I believe is 1.1. Are you aware of a newer version I should be using be used 1.1 isn't doing the trick.
There a couple things you need to do.

#1 uninstall your RC Assistant and download RC Assistant 1.1. It is named the same but apparently there are changes.

#2 hook new RC to RC Assistant and calibrate it. This means ALL controls (sticks, S1,S2, and X1) make sure to move through full ranges.

#3 shut down RC Assistant and hook up Phantom. Go to update page and make sure Gimbal firmware is at latest version.

Then click on basic button and select RC tab.

Select the radio button for "upgrade model" remotes.

Click on calibrate (below controls) and go through full ranges. Then click on calibrate to the right of X1 and again scroll the wheel all the way to top and all the way to bottom.

Then power off Phantom and let it cool down. After about 1/2 hour start Phantom Assistant with Phantom plugged in. Once you power Phantom up go quickly to the tools and perform an advanced "full IMU calibration" This needs to be done on level surface while IMU is not too hot.

Once done power Phantom down. Unplug it from computer. Power it back up and the tilt should stop wherever you let off the X1 tilt wheel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying to help, but after all those steps, it still returns to 45 degrees down. I'm at a loss for why it continues the same behavior. I tried the entire process twice and get the same results.

hobsonmedia said:
Thanks for trying to help, but after all those steps, it still returns to 45 degrees down. I'm at a loss for why it continues the same behavior. I tried the entire process twice and get the same results.
Which gimbal do you have?

check under advanced that the Horizontal and vertical limit for the gimbal is at zero.

I can duplicate exactly what yours is doing by simply selecting the radio button under "Transmitter Version" as Basic Version. Doing so forces it to come back to and stop at 45 degree angle.

As soon as I select the radio button of the Upgrade Version it stops in whatever location it is in.

Attachments

• Captureupgrade.PNG
    Captureupgrade.PNG
    84.9 KB · Views: 519
I think the most confusing aspect of all this is that I have everything selected as you show. And for some reason, it continues to behave the wrong way.

I can only think of one more issue. I have screen captured my current firmware for you to compare with. H3-3D IMU has to be version 1.0.0.8 or higher for the scroll wheel to work.

If your on that current version possibly it did not get flashed correctly. Left click on your current version of it on the right. It is a link which will force the upgrade window to pop back up. Select upgrade and re-flash it.

Attachments

• CaptureCurrentFirmware.PNG
    CaptureCurrentFirmware.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 442
hobsonmedia said:
I've got them both set to zero. Power cycled. Same results.

Can't remember for sure but I think that those values have to be set at the extreme the other way try that I'll check when I get to my computer

My screen doesn't show the H3-3D IMU at all on the summary page. Not sure how that's possible, but it's not even listed. Seems like if it's not there, I wouldn't have any control of the gimbal with the wheel...but I do. Just not the type of control I need.

This puzzle is getting more and more confusing to my untrained brain.

hobsonmedia said:
My screen doesn't show the H3-3D IMU at all on the summary page. Not sure how that's possible, but it's not even listed. Seems like if it's not there, I wouldn't have any control of the gimbal with the wheel...but I do. Just not the type of control I need.

Reset this thing and re-install firmware.

d4ddyo said:
hobsonmedia said:

Reset this thing and re-install firmware.
How to Reset a H3-3D Gimbal when bricked or faile…: http://youtu.be/knVigBCbVzU

Maybe unplug the gray cable from the back of gimbal and reseat it making sure it has good connectivity.

I don't appear to have any cable on the back of the gimbal. Does this look right to you or am I missing something important?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 354
After you update. use the latest RC assistant and do a calibration and also before you click done move the gimbal scroll a couple of times. then do it in the P2 assistant also. reboot and all should be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4