P2 max speed in GPS mode

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what is the max speed in gps mode with the latest firmware?

You are talking about a straight P2? Because I see a P2V+ and an Inspire in your profile pic...

A P2V+ will go about 30-32 mph in calm winds in GPS mode.

Yes i have also a P2 with lightbridge on board.The problem is i update accidentally to the latest firmware from 1.08 and now in the gps mode the max speed is only 8 to 9 m/s.

Yes i have also a P2 with lightbridge on board.The problem is i update accidentally to the latest firmware from 1.08 and now in the gps mode the max speed is only 8 to 9 m/s.

If you want or need more speed use ATTI in naza mode.

Last edited:
Normally with GPS mode what is the speed of the phantom?Is it ok 8 to 9 m/s?
Because i remember with the oldest firmwares i was able to fly with speed 15 to 17 m/s in gps mode.
Any idea why those stupids reduce the speed in gps mode?

All I can tell you is my P2V does about 30-32 mph in calm winds in GPS mode. Stands to reason that a straight P2 should be similar...

All I can tell you is my P2V does about 30-32 mph in calm winds in GPS mode. Stands to reason that a straight P2 should be similar...
What firmware version do you have?

If you have the 3.14 is the same with mine.I don't know what the problem is maybe some settings like the gain or something?

Gains won't affect horizontal speed. It's tied into the tilt angle. If you switch to Atti. while in full forward GPS you'll see a bit more tilt and thus speed.

Speed test GPS vs ATTI done with a P2 fully loaded at 1358g, 2212 motors and 9443 props. In GPS 8.9 m/s (19.9087mph) vs ATTI 13.1 (29.30387mph). Firmware is v3.6.

Last edited:
Ok thanks guys.I still don't get it, dji with the latest firmwares reduce the speed of the phantom almost to half in gps mode.Damned what a stupid idea!!!

Tested yesterday, no wind, 20.8 m/s

That wasn't with a fully loaded bird. Without gimbal, camera, iOSD, interference board and plug n play cable the gross weight is 1000 grams.

That wasn't with a fully loaded bird. Without gimbal, camera, iOSD, interference board and plug n play cable the gross weight is 1000 grams.
Mine is fully loaded, but, sorry, it has no the latest firmware...
I'm running 1.08.
This makes a BIG difference

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1