P2 Left Stick Shutdown

Reaction score
Hi, I have a P2 that I have recently had to some moderate repairs (replace main circuit board). After lots of trial and error I have manage to iron out several little kinks (reverse stick, gimbal H3-3D bricked). I bench tested the P2 and I was concerned about the left stick. If I place the left stick into its locked position the system would shut down the motors. This is different than the original setup. Originally I could lock the left stick into the down position, the craft would descend under control until I landed it. Originally I had to place the left stick in the locked position and then move both sticks toward the middle bottom to shut down the motors. After my repairs and ensuring all my upgrade are current, the motors will shut down when the left stick is held down, and it is not in the locked position. This is freaking me and do not want to fly until some can help me determine a solution. Please comment.

Hi, I have a P2 that I have recently had to some moderate repairs (replace main circuit board). After lots of trial and error I have manage to iron out several little kinks (reverse stick, gimbal H3-3D bricked). I bench tested the P2 and I was concerned about the left stick. If I place the left stick into its locked position the system would shut down the motors. This is different than the original setup. Originally I could lock the left stick into the down position, the craft would descend under control until I landed it. Originally I had to place the left stick in the locked position and then move both sticks toward the middle bottom to shut down the motors. After my repairs and ensuring all my upgrade are current, the motors will shut down when the left stick is held down, and it is not in the locked position. This is freaking me and do not want to fly until some can help me determine a solution. Please comment.

This is not a problem. There are two ways to shut-off the motors.

The first is the same way you Start them but don't do this in flight as it is like an Emergency Stop. It's called a CSC (combination stick command) and shuts off the motors no matter where your aircraft is.

The second is like what you are experiencing and will only occur if the aircraft is no longer descending (resting on ground or object). This is the preferred method by many as it can reduce the chance of a tip-over before the motors actually stop.

Last edited:
Thanks..I prematurely posted.. I searched the forums and found a similar question. Then I risked my craft and flew it about 15 feet off the ground, and performed left control motions. All was good. I behaves better than before. Perhaps the firmware updates where of help. Thanks for you support.

Using that the left stick lockdown to land the P2 is not a good option as the craft is coming down to fast and will land to hard. Using the lockdown to descend from a high altitude is fine but release it about 10 feet above ground and complete landing under manual control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers