Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

p2 into water - pilot error

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by mr.goodkat, Oct 8, 2014.

1. mr.goodkat

I was shooting friends in our local cable park and as soon as I realized my friend was going to fall, I hit reverse as fast as I can but I couldnt manage to understand which way handle was coming from. water is not salty and I dried the both gopro and drone. gopro works fine but I will test drone on the weekend.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/108343196[/vimeo]

2. QYV

QYV

doh! there are plenty of stories on this forum about folks going down in fresh water and the Phantoms being okay, hope yours is!

3. paulajayne

Big bag of salt and leave it in it for several days, Do NOT try to fire it up.

4. QYV

QYV

salt? I wouldn't go with something quite so granular... Rice works pretty good for absorbing moisture (we all know the trick about putting a wet cell phone in a bag of rice yes?) and it wouldn't potentially get in the internals nearly as bad

but yes, the real trick is to let it THOROUGHLY dry for days before you try firing it up

5. Jesse_M

Thank you for not calling it a 'fly away'! :p

6. knuckles

I would toss the battery those aren't usable once they get wet. I hope everything goes well with the dry out and it's flying again in the near future

7. salwaterclown

Nice video. Recently had a fly off. Sucks.

8. mr.goodkat

thanks guys for your posts and wishes.

I recovered my drone once before from exactly the same location so I dont think there would be any problems with it .

because the water is fresh it doesnt make any short circuits on the boards so all I need to do is to wait for moist to go away. I am little skeptical about the battery though, it always gives me a chill when I fly with a battery gone into water.