P2 Internal Power Plug...

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here to the forums, hope I can get some help to get me back in the air. So, first the question..

Is the 2 lead ribbon cable on the internal power plug which connects to the central circuit board necessary, and what is it for?

Background, I started flying a less expensive craft (Syma X8W) to learn. Is had been indestructible, but after only a short time, I got the itch for a more steady craft with gps stability and RTH functionality. I purchased my P2 used, and was flying right away.

Day 1 - After getting GPS lock and calibrating compass I was flying on my first day with no issues. Tested RTH without a hitch, other than the distance being off by 20ft or so. Not a big deal.
Day 2 - I was again got GPS lock, and calibrated the compass. I was flying, however, in the parking lot of my town home complex (so presumably wi-fi interference) and it was quite windy. I tested RTH and it brought the craft back, however, the distance was off again. I was unable to regain control of my P2 and it crashed on my rooftop. I inspected the P2 for external damage and everything looked good. I again got GPS lock and calibrated the compass, everything looked G2G. This time, when I gave it a slight amount of throttle for my ascent, the P2 shot up in the air, seemingly at full throttle, approximately 500ft plus straight up, then it banked and flew several hundred yards away. The P2 was unresponsive and again, I was unable to regain control of it. I used RTH which did not function immediately. By the time RTH functioned, it was too late (seemingly fighting the windy conditions). The P2 could not make it back to the home point and it crashed. On a good note, I recovered it nearby.

Now I know there are several factors, wind, wi-fi signals in residential area, as to why the craft may have malfunctioned at take off as well as the RTH not immediately functioning. I have ordered replacement parts for what is visibly damaged and look forward to repairing the craft myself and learn at the same time. This brings me to my original question, the two lead ribbon cable on the internal battery plug which connects to the central circuit board broke off at the board. I have replaced the shell, one esc, and I will be replacing two motors. Obviously I am trying to keep costs low and avoid replacing the central circuit board if I don't need to.

I do not know what firmware the craft was running (another problem). I plan on running the software assistant and upgrading the firmware prior to my next flight, which will be leashed.

Thanks in advance for your help...

The wire you refer to sounds like the battery data cable and it must be attached for the a/c to start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers