P2 H3-2D all jacked up after upgrading to 1.8

Reaction score
I was hoping this firmware upgrade would make the tilt control better but instead I now my gopro doesnt come up to level with the lever all the way to the top position, and when I go to the bottom position, its actually looking behind the P2 instead of straight down. To go along with that, check out this video and see what is happening when i turn the phantom.

Is it possible to revert back to old firmware? Has anyone else seen something like this?

http://youtu.be/-QLHgGRxYuM

By the way, this was just a quick flight around my neighborhood, nothing exciting to see at all.

tonym206 said:
I was hoping this firmware upgrade would make the tilt control better but instead I now my gopro doesnt come up to level with the lever all the way to the top position, and when I go to the bottom position, its actually looking behind the P2 instead of straight down. To go along with that, check out this video and see what is happening when i turn the phantom.

Is it possible to revert back to old firmware? Has anyone else seen something like this?

http://youtu.be/-QLHgGRxYuM

By the way, this was just a quick flight around my neighborhood, nothing exciting to see at all.

Jacked up in the sense of it's motion? Or, will it not read in the software?
Can you/have you tried an X-1 calibration?

I didnt explain that very clearly. The motion is all messed up. I read of the problem im having being described as "horizon drift". Manual adjustment of the tilt lever gives me a range of motion (if you consider pointing straight out from the quad as 0*) from about -30* at top to maybe -110*. As i turn the quad, as demonstrated in the video, the gimbal has the camera nice and level, but it starts compensating with roll huge, unnecessary roll adjustments. Every time I turn the quad and am watching FPV I get worried that the **** thing is about to flip itself over!

As I stated before, this issue only started after I upgraded the gimbal to firmware v1.8. Ive tried reloading it, performing all calibrations with the rc assistant software as well as the main assistant software. I cant get the zenmuse assistant software to run though, says I have an invalid s/n every time I try to to run it. All software and firmware is current.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik