P2 + GP4 jello while hovering

Reaction score
While using my Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal and GP 3+ black I used to get some minor jello when flying in bright conditions. Jello appeared normally while the quad was in motion or when it was windy. I think that was quite normal and I used ND filter when needed.

After changing to hero 4 black I think jello was mostly eliminated while flying, but my last flight I noticed jello while in hover and when the quad was in motion it disappeared. The weather was really cold (no wind) and there was snow and bright sun light and I was shooting with out filter, but still I thought it was strange that the jello appeared while hovering.

Could there be some gain value that I should maybe change for GP 4, because it is slightly heavier and I use small counterweight for it?

To be quite honest I still have hard time to understand what each gain value is actually doing. I have experimented some, but still I am bit lost.

Thanks

The gimbal is very temperamental in the cold. It needs to be perfectly balanced otherwise the motors will overload and vibrate.

ianwood said:
The gimbal is very temperamental in the cold. It needs to be perfectly balanced otherwise the motors will overload and vibrate.

That might be the case since it was about -15C (5F) that day. It was my first flight with GP4 in bright sunlight, so I need to test it next time in a bit warmer conditions and see how is the jello.
The weather here in Finland have been mainly horrible for last 2 or 3 months with lot of rain and no sunny days.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4