P2, Gimball?, GoPro Hero Plus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a gimball that will work with a GPHero+? It has the non removable case. Hoping there is a gimball that allows you to use the standard go pro mount.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does anyone know if there is a gimball that will work with a GPHero+? It has the non removable case. Hoping there is a gimball that allows you to use the standard go pro mount.

Maybe one of Chinese aftermarket may or may not work.

I was told I was buying a GP hero3 then when I received it, it was the GoPro hero +. Which I can return but was hoping to find a way to get it to work. Otherwise I am looking at an ilook+ but recently found out they don't have their own power source which then only can be used with the P2 and not as a stand alone action cam. Sort of a I want my cake and eat it too. I don't want to fork out 3-400 bucks for a camera......Spending hours on the web today I came across the dazzne P3 cam and eken HD. But not sure any of them will fit the gimball I am looking at (walkera G-2d). Yes I know this stuff is cheap Chinese stuff but I think it will get the job done until I can part with the cash for the "good" stuff.

I was told I was buying a GP hero3 then when I received it, it was the GoPro hero +. Which I can return but was hoping to find a way to get it to work. Otherwise I am looking at an ilook+ but recently found out they don't have their own power source which then only can be used with the P2 and not as a stand alone action cam. Sort of a I want my cake and eat it too. I don't want to fork out 3-400 bucks for a camera......Spending hours on the web today I came across the dazzne P3 cam and eken HD. But not sure any of them will fit the gimball I am looking at (walkera G-2d). Yes I know this stuff is cheap Chinese stuff but I think it will get the job done until I can part with the cash for the "good" stuff.

I own 4 GoPro two of which I paid retail while the other two i bought used for half the retail. Scan ebay for either a hero 3+ black or the hero 4 black but stay away from the hero 3 as they had nothing but problems.

I will see if I can hunt one down. Do you have any experience with the ilook and walkera products? They seem to have good reviews..

I will see if I can hunt one down. Do you have any experience with the ilook and walkera products? They seem to have good reviews..

None

I am currently testing a hero+ on a Chinese gimbal.
So far the biggest problem mounting it.
Either u modify the arm that holds camera or remove the bottem swivel bracket ( cut / hack it off) of the housing.

The reason is that it just sits to high on the gimbal which doesn't allow for travel.

The second is that none of the standard Velcro straps work to hold in place. I got it working with zip ties.

stay away from the hero 3 as they had nothing but problems.
Really got 2 never had one problem . Now my 3+'s both had to be sent in because of the lens being set wrong both where early runs

you can get the 3+'s and 4's on ebay for really good deals nowadays. Too bad there isn't a gimbal for the session.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.