P2 FPV - For A Beginner

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say that I did search the forum, read the stickies and all and it helped, just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I drop a few hundred.

I have a Phantom 2 with an H3 3D gimbal (with a Hero 4 Black though, which has worked fine).

I don't have a soldering iron and I wouldn't trust myself anyways, so I really want to complete it without soldering!

What exactly do I need to buy?

Video transmitter. Heard maybe the AVL58 (also heard not that one). Which ever one, do I need RX or TX or both? Link to one that has the required cables and such would be great.

Monitor obviously

Antenna?

DJI FPV Hub?

Any other cables adapters transmitters? I basically have nothing besides the drone and camera currently. All help appreciated.

IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_5633.jpg
First of all, I'd like to say that I did search the forum, read the stickies and all and it helped, just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I drop a few hundred.

I have a Phantom 2 with an H3 3D gimbal (with a Hero 4 Black though, which has worked fine).

I don't have a soldering iron and I wouldn't trust myself anyways, so I really want to complete it without soldering!

What exactly do I need to buy?

Video transmitter. Heard maybe the AVL58 (also heard not that one). Which ever one, do I need RX or TX or both? Link to one that has the required cables and such would be great.

Monitor obviously

Antenna?

DJI FPV Hub?

Any other cables adapters transmitters? I basically have nothing besides the drone and camera currently. All help appreciated.

If you haven't already ordered the AVL58 TX/RX system I would suggest looking at either Boscam, Immersion or Flysight for a complete system.. When I started in this hobby 2 years ago I to used the AVL58 system and for plug n play it poorly designed and ended up soldering (hard wiring) instead of using the HUB. Later I decided to cut down on weight so the AVL58 TX had to go as it was to heavy and used to much power as it also had a cooling fan. Not that it didn't do the job because it did. There is a list of the equipment I use posted at the bottom although I do not endorse any brand as being better that another this is what I have been using for better then 1 1/2 years. to Only to items on the outside of the P2 are gimbal, camera and TX as everything else is on the inside the shell.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31