P2 ESC/motor/LED issues

Reaction score
My P2 crashed awhile back, and I'm assuming that one or more ESC has gone bad. Possibly a motor too - or at least damaged from dirt and debris.

The front 2 led's are completely out, they never light up.

The front black motor refuses to spin at all.

I can't see any melting or physical issues with the ESC boards or the motors.

Is there a way to test any of these components? I also have a P2V that doesn't work... maybe able to steal some parts from it?

Any help is appreciated :)

EDIT: all 4 LED's come on during the start-up sequence, but only 2 work after that

Last edited:
My P2 crashed awhile back, and I'm assuming that one or more ESC has gone bad. Possibly a motor too - or at least damaged from dirt and debris.

The front 2 led's are completely out, they never light up.

The front black motor refuses to spin at all.

I can't see any melting or physical issues with the ESC boards or the motors.

Is there a way to test any of these components? I also have a P2V that doesn't work... maybe able to steal some parts from it?

Any help is appreciated :)

EDIT: all 4 LED's come on during the start-up sequence, but only 2 work after that

The front LEDs light up at startup and then shutoff until the motors spin up then the front LEDs are red.

After I start the motors, the LED on the motor that doesn't spin is the only one that won't light

Then I would say you have a problem with at ESC module and need to replace it. You might be able to use one from the P2V check both the label and the mark on the electrolytic cap and see if they match up. Doubt the motor is bad if you can turn it by hand and turns free as the others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic