P2 dual battery mod, which lipos?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a dual battery mod on my P2 (H3-3D, non upgraded motors) and it works ok (DJI Phantom 2 Battery Unlocking Service). I am wondering what lipos others are using that have done this mod. Currently I have two 3300 3s 35c lipos (the Lumenier 3300mAh 3s 35c Lipo Battery) which weigh 252g each and are obviously too heavy for efficient flight because the P2 is very sluggish and the motors are pretty warm after flying for 15 minutes or so. I am thinking of getting two of these (the TATTU 2700mAh 3s 35c Lipo Battery) which will save me 114g total. Also I know that if I upgrade the motors I will get more thrust but I am not sure I want to go that route just yet. So for those of you who run dual lipos what is your results and what size/weight/C rating lipos are you running? Thanks in advance!

I think there is a 4S battery up grade, from the people at Battery Unlocking Service. I have wandered about this mod. Might be the way to go.

Reactions: sgrim70
The site that I had do the battery unlocking sells 2 different batteries (3s and 4s) for this but they are WAY over priced compared to other sites. Plus the 4s batteries have a disclaimer at the bottom that they are compatible with p2 vision and p2 vision+ quads. They apparently won't work for my p2 with h3-3d gimbal. I think I am going to buy some of the smaller batteries that I linked in the original post and try them. Hopefully they perform better due to the lower weight.

Yeah, Zippy or Turnigy are great quality and value. You'll want two 3S (11.1V) batteries, the capacity is up to you.

Hi, Do you know if the mods like maxamps.com with 2 4S 2800mah is good and better in flight time if i compare with OEM 5200mah ?

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.