P2 Control Directions Reversed (Left Switch only, LR only).

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post. Happy to find this forum.
I hope this is not a very stupid question, but I've looked around enough and found no answer, so I'm asking here.
The Left-Side direction (only) on my left control seem to be inverted. If I turn left it turns right. It is facing the right way, and this is the only reversed control. I'm flying with normal GPS enable... And it is always like this, since the first time I flew. I'm using the latest 3.04 firmware upgrade, and it is a Phantom 2 with the stock control, with a H3-3D gimbal installed.
Does anyone have an idea as to what might be wrong?
Thank you!

Re: P2 Control Directions Reversed (Left Switch only, LR onl

Wow, no one else has had this problem? I am the only one?

Can't help you with that problem. But, hang in there. Sometimes it takes some time for the right person to see your thread.
....And welcome to the forum.

You can reverse it in the assistant software, can't remember if its the RC Assistant or phantom assistant.

Thank you Happyflyier!

And thank you MrC!

MrC said:
You can reverse it in the assistant software, can't remember if its the RC Assistant or phantom assistant.

I've been through the Assistant Software through and through, And just tried the RC Assistant, but haven't found this setting. Are you sure it's there somewhere? Could you point me to it? Thank you!

Go into Phantom assistant with craft attached and on etc, controller on first. Click the "basic" tab, then the "RC" tab. See the boxes next to the sticks sliders - They will either say "NORM" or "REV", click on the word to change it. I noticed where you changed it while watching this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zNT6kHoEM from 2.03 mins onwards.

MrC said:
Go into Phantom assistant with craft attached and on etc, controller on first. Click the "basic" tab, then the "RC" tab. See the boxes next to the sticks sliders - They will either say "NORM" or "REV", click on the word to change it. I noticed where you changed it while watching this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zNT6kHoEM from 2.03 mins onwards.

Oh wow! Thank you! I will try it now.

But while trying the RC Assistant i messed something else up. My gimbal lever is one of those horrible ones that barely work (you have to push against it on the screw in order for it to work). And while doing the RC Assistant calibration It stopped working altogether :-( Any thoughts there?

All that pushing down has probably pushed it out of reach. If you open the controller and look at the pot that the lever moves, it has legs. They may have bent allowing it to be pushed down.
You may be able to prize it back up/straighten the legs if you are very careful.
Not sure if you could wedge a bit of card or something underneath to stop it happening again. I haven't had my controller open yet. I will probably replace that pot with one mounted on the front with a dial - plenty have done so and nice smooth dial instead of annoying lever.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj