P2 camera

Reaction score
I'm a new drone pilot..
Question will a P3 gimbal fit on a P2. I have read that the bodies are identical and the same size. So in retrospect, the P3 standard camera and gimbal should bolt right up. As I am not a big GoPro fan but, I am familliar with the images of the standard and professional camera system on the P3. Any help would be appreciated.
I just bought a new/used P2 without a camera but it has the Zenmuse gimbal port on it.

I'm a new drone pilot..
Question will a P3 gimbal fit on a P2. I have read that the bodies are identical and the same size. So in retrospect, the P3 standard camera and gimbal should bolt right up. As I am not a big GoPro fan but, I am familliar with the images of the standard and professional camera system on the P3. Any help would be appreciated.
I just bought a new/used P2 without a camera but it has the Zenmuse gimbal port on it.

It doesn't matter that the shells may be identical but the electronics that run the gimbal/camera are not and putting the camera/gimbal on the P2 would be a waste of time as it wouldn't work.

Thank you for the reply,
I guess it is not fair to say that I don't like Gopro because really I know nothing about them. Having said that, Does the GoPro have the same feature as the P3 camera systems i.e, can you watch the video as your flying like on the P3 models? Which GoPro camera do you recommend? Which Gimbal?

Thank you for the reply,
I guess it is not fair to say that I don't like Gopro because really I know nothing about them. Having said that, Does the GoPro have the same feature as the P3 camera systems i.e, can you watch the video as your flying like on the P3 models? Which GoPro camera do you recommend? Which Gimbal?

The GoPro has a lot of features that DJI cameras do not have plus they can be used for other purposes other then a flying camera. But they cannot be setup while in flight as you are able to do with the P3's or P4's.

The P2 non vision was designed around the GoPro camera and a FPV 5.8GHz video system.

Reactions: 750r
The H4-3D is designed to support the different weight center-of-gravity of the GoPro Hero4. Why someone would go through the time, effort, & money to modify a P2 instead of simply getting a new P4 with far superior technology doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the difference between the H3-3D and the H4-3D?

The main difference between the two gimbals was weight and buttons on the hero 4 cameras. I use H3-3D for both hero 3+ black and hero 4 black without counter weights because of the extra 10 grams of weight over the hero 3+. There are always going to be those who will always complain about something and that's exactly what happened when the hero 4 was available on the market so DJI redesigned the gimbal (H4-3D) just for the hero 4.

The H4-3D is designed to support the different weight center-of-gravity of the GoPro Hero4. Why someone would go through the time, effort, & money to modify a P2 instead of simply getting a new P4 with far superior technology doesn't make sense to me.

It may not make sense to you but may of us still own fc40, P1 and the P2 and are happy with old school technology. As the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reactions: 750r
The GoPro has a lot of features that DJI cameras do not have plus they can be used for other purposes other then a flying camera. But they cannot be setup while in flight as you are able to do with the P3's or P4's.

The P2 non vision was designed around the GoPro camera and a FPV 5.8GHz video system.
Fpv with gopro .yes can watch video and it's got 4k and 2.5 k . I think it's better quality than a DJI camera.look at my videos on YouTube ray catlow

Sent from my D6603 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for the reply,

If you can get a Hero4 Black, I would go with that otherwise there are plenty of deals online for a Hero3+ Black as well. You can set-up an FPV with P2 you just need to get a few items to get that set-up. Once set-up you'll be able to view live feed from the gopro.

There's huge $$$ difference between buying a P2 and adding FPV vs getting the new P4. As the previous poster said many of us still own the P1's, P2's, etc and still enjoy flying them. Besides the OP said he's a new pilot, I certainly ain't gonna drop $1000+ on something I'm not even sure I'm gonna stick with. I made that mistake too many times LoL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31