P2, Black Pearl FPV Kit - what else do I need ?

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a new P2. I want set up for FVP. I have bought a Immersion 5.8GHz transmitter, P2 upgrade board to Immersion RC / Fat Shark Plug & Play, Black Pearl 7 inch FVP screen, monitor mount, Immersion 5.8GHz Antenna Set (2 antennas) Spiro NET. I do have a fixed camera bracket and a 12Mp camera ( similar to a Go Pro - but not anywhere near the cost). Can I use all this kit to get my P2 and FPV working - or do I still need more bits / different kit ? i.e. a
Zenmuse H3-3D and a Go Pro Camera

Help please

I am the proud owner of a new P2. I want set up for FVP. I have bought a Immersion 5.8GHz transmitter, P2 upgrade board to Immersion RC / Fat Shark Plug & Play, Black Pearl 7 inch FVP screen, monitor mount, Immersion 5.8GHz Antenna Set (2 antennas) Spiro NET. I do have a fixed camera bracket and a 12Mp camera ( similar to a Go Pro - but not anywhere near the cost). Can I use all this kit to get my P2 and FPV working - or do I still need more bits / different kit ? i.e. a
Zenmuse H3-3D and a Go Pro Camera

Help please

You would be better off with H3-3D or H4-3D gimbal and a GoPro camera. If you can find a used GoPro 3+ black at a reasonable price if not get the GoPro 4 Black both cameras have far more features then the aftermarket cameras.

You may want to get longer landing gear or snap no extensions as the gimbal with camera is less then a quarter inch off the ground and any hard landing or crash may damage the gimbal, camera or both.

You would be better off with H3-3D or H4-3D gimbal and a GoPro camera. If you can find a used GoPro 3+ black at a reasonable price if not get the GoPro 4 Black both cameras have far more features then the aftermarket cameras.

You may want to get longer landing gear or snap no extensions as the gimbal with camera is less then a quarter inch off the ground and any hard landing or crash may damage the gimbal, camera or both.

What is actually needed to connect up the FVP kit I have to a camera / P2 to get it working ? Or is it a must have to have a gimbal and Go Pro or can it be done with a fixed camera bracket and aftermarket camera ? If I buy a Zemuse gimbal and Go Pro - do I need more cables / laeds or do these come as part of the kit ?

What is actually needed to connect up the FVP kit I have to a camera / P2 to get it working ? Or is it a must have to have a gimbal and Go Pro or can it be done with a fixed camera bracket and aftermarket camera ? If I buy a Zemuse gimbal and Go Pro - do I need more cables / laeds or do these come as part of the kit ?

Well you can use the fix camera mount and camera but you will not be happy with the footage as it will not be stable. Not knowing which aftermarket camera you or what functions it has I will not comment on. If you do decide to purchase a gimbal and GoPro it seems you have all most everything you need except the mini iOSD (for telemetry) and the correct plug n play cable to connect both units. The plug n play cable you do have only connects from the CAM socket to immersion TX and camera.

Thanks for the feedback. Think it's a case of swapping the next few weeks beer / pocket money for a gimbal & Go Pro. i see a new Go Pro 3+ Black for £229. would rather buy new than second hand ( no disrespect to 2nd hand kit - nothing wrong with it - most of the time). This is the best price I have seen so far. Cheapest HD 3D Gimbal is £249. Any ideas on where cheaper options are ?

Take a photo of that plug n play cable or a link to it as you my not have the correct cable for the camera you have.

Thanks for the feedback. Think it's a case of swapping the next few weeks beer / pocket money for a gimbal & Go Pro. i see a new Go Pro 3+ Black for £229. would rather buy new than second hand ( no disrespect to 2nd hand kit - nothing wrong with it - most of the time). This is the best price I have seen so far. Cheapest HD 3D Gimbal is £249. Any ideas on where cheaper options are ?

No idea what kind of prices you have there in the UK. But do send the link or photo of that plug n play cable. also the camera info.

It is this cable - bought from First Person View website

cable-plug-and-play-pnp-phantom-2-transmitter-fatshark-immersionrc-500x500.jpg

Camera info

• 61LgtUtF9oL._SX466_.jpg
Click to open expanded view

Sports Camcorder Blue Underwater Waterproof Camera, Sports Action Bicycle Helmet Car DVR Recorder 12MP HD 1080P Wide-Angle Lens + Variety of Stands/Mounts/Casing for Skiing, Snowboarding, Surfing, Hiking, Climbing, Extreme Sports (Blue)

by Cooler
88 customer reviews

| 68 answered questions

RRP: £129.00
Price: £49.00 Free Delivery for Prime Members
You Save: £80.00 (62%)

In stock.

Sold by COOLER and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

2 new from £42.00
Colour Name: Blue

• This All-in-One high-definition digital motion video recording device is tailored to all market demands. It has a variety of industry-leading features including digital video recording, photo shooting, audio recording, video display and detachable battery, which makes it perfect for vehicle data recording, photo-shooting, outdoor sports, home security, deep-water probing, etc., allowing you to film at anytime, anywhere.
  • A water-resistant casing that allows you to film fascinating water sports or underwater activities; water-resistant up to 30 meters under water
  • Support storage cards up to 32GB maximum (NOT INCLUDED); Multiple HD video recording formats: 1080P / 720P / WVGA
  • 12.0 Megapixel HD Wide-Angle Lens To Capture Greater Depth and Wider Dynamic Range.
  • Ultimate Portable Sports Action Camera Camcorder; Miniature in Size; Convenient to Store Anywhere and Carry Around Everywhere.

It is this cable - bought from First Person View website

cable-plug-and-play-pnp-phantom-2-transmitter-fatshark-immersionrc-500x500.jpg

There's no way to connect this cable to to the camera as it goes directly from the CAM socket to the TX. If you were using a H3-3D gimbal and a GoPro this cable would work with the exception of the power leads. Those leads are backwards for the immersion TX check those leads against the print label on the TX. The red lead is B+ and Black is ground..

This the way the system works. The camera sends a video signal to the gimbal then to the cam socket then to the TX and received by your monitor.

Reactions: kenjancef

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers