P2 Battery not charging

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was flying and when the battery was around 28%, I've landed and the battery showed 2 Solid green LEDs.
I've tried to perform the shutdown (push battery button + wait 1 sec + push and hold the button for 2 sec) but I was unable to shutdown.
I've tried several times but the battery LEDs don't blink nor shutdown.
For safety and to get back home, I've disconnected the battery from the P2 and after a few minutes the battery LEDs shutdown.
At home, I started charging it, the LEDs start blinking and when I saw 3-4 LEDs, I disconnected it to check for updates (because of the no shutdown situation), and:
1 - the battery doesn't turn on the LEDs when I press the battery button
2 - I can't start the P2
3 - the battery is not showing any LEDs when I reconnect the battery to the charger
4 - the charge LED is green

Setup:
Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-2D + iOSD Mini + DJI Prop guards + DJI P2 standard RC transmitter +
GoPro Hero 3+ Silver + 250mW FPV transmitter

The P2 was bought 2 weeks ago and the battery was only charged 3-4 times.
All the software is up to date (last update was 1 week ago).

Has anyone has this problem?
Does anyone knows of any solution?

As far as charging I think I read some where that if the battery is above 75% it won't charge. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. But I have a battery that has 3 bars and I just plugged it into charger and it won't charge. But it still turns p2 on.

muralha said:
Hi all,

I was flying and when the battery was around 28%, I've landed and the battery showed 2 Solid green LEDs.
I've tried to perform the shutdown (push battery button + wait 1 sec + push and hold the button for 2 sec) but I was unable to shutdown.
I've tried several times but the battery LEDs don't blink nor shutdown.
For safety and to get back home, I've disconnected the battery from the P2 and after a few minutes the battery LEDs shutdown.
At home, I started charging it, the LEDs start blinking and when I saw 3-4 LEDs, I disconnected it to check for updates (because of the no shutdown situation), and:
1 - the battery doesn't turn on the LEDs when I press the battery button
2 - I can't start the P2
3 - the battery is not showing any LEDs when I reconnect the battery to the charger
4 - the charge LED is green

Setup:
Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-2D + iOSD Mini + DJI Prop guards + DJI P2 standard RC transmitter +
GoPro Hero 3+ Silver + 250mW FPV transmitter

The P2 was bought 2 weeks ago and the battery was only charged 3-4 times.
All the software is up to date (last update was 1 week ago).

Has anyone has this problem?
Does anyone knows of any solution?

Plug the battery into the charger and power the battery on just as you would when you power up the Phantom. As the previous poster said, once the battery reaches >75% you have to power the battery on to charge.

As for why the Phantom is not powering, I'd need some more info to help with that. Were you having issues before, have you checked to be sure the terminals inside the Phantom are clean and that the double-prong "plunger" moves freely and springs back into place when depressed?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Plug the battery into the charger and power the battery on just as you would when you power up the Phantom. As the previous poster said, once the battery reaches >75% you have to power the battery on to charge.
Doesn't work.
No lights and the button doesn't allow to check battery or start the P2.

It's like the software/hardware on the smart battery, won't let it start or let it charge???
Is there a way to reset it? Or charge it, with a standard charger?

As for why the Phantom is not powering, I'd need some more info to help with that. Were you having issues before, have you checked to be sure the terminals inside the Phantom are clean and that the double-prong "plunger" moves freely and springs back into place when depressed?
All terminal are clean and the spring ones move freely.

So your battery wouldn't turn off and now it is showing no signs of life at all? Sounds like it's busted. Contact your dealer for a replacement.

After 8-12+ hours of not touching the battery button nor been connected to the charger... IT'S ALIVE !
So it looks like some small capacitor finally discharged the "memory"… let's see how it behaves when it's fully charged.
Thanks for all the help.

And after a flight and a full charge the battery is unresponsive…
Sent back to the store.
Let's see how the support goes...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik